Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

It is up on their website now.

Genuine lol at how awkward this guy looks trying to balance this UNIT on his knees:

Also, if going for the everything in this track was made with Take 5 angle, at least throw some cash at Aphex to do something decent with it. My ears genuinely recoiled from the first moment of that. Still, let’s wait for some proper demos.

9 Likes

Sweetwater has it listed for $1299 USD.

Yeah that portability angle is very strange.

The music is pretty horrible but it is very sequential. Aimed at funk band keyboardists etc.

1 Like

Haha, yeah. I don’t know how many times I have been put off of a synth by bad promo vids and factory presets.

1 Like

Audio demos here although few of them speak to me I guess they aren’t unlike the official sequential P5 demos though.

3 Likes

Wow awesome! I can simply toss it in my backpack and be on my way!

1 Like

All you guys worried about portability are just wearing the wrong pants.

54 Likes

INHALT demo. Some nice dark moody pads and whatnot.

6 Likes

If this bit doesn’t make you insta buy then nothing will!

13 Likes

Sequential guy answered a few questions on another forum:

1. Which filter is it? 2140?

Yes

1. What VCO is it? 2130?

Yes

1. Is the FM exponential or linear?

Exponential

1. Is the 128 user patch slots a hard limit, or is it possible this can be expanded via firmware?

not expandable to my knowledge

1. Mod matrix slots? Sources/Destinations?

16 slots. List will be available in the manual. It will be posted soon.

1. Approximate availability date? Looks like $1299 USD.

We are shipping and some dealers have already received units.

14 Likes

So that filter chip would be the Dave Rossum designed Rev 1/2 filter chip that is in the new P5.

4 Likes

You mean like Korg did with the Monologue and Richard D.?

Some serious sounds there! If i wouldn´t already own a s/&%/load of synths, i could become weak.

1 Like

I’m on the market for a Rev2 8 voices desktop as my first true analog poly. Thought I’ll buy one next week if I don’t find a nice second hand until then, now this…

How do you guys think these 2 will compare ?
Aside from the obvious specs, the 5 seems to have a far better filter…

After listening to all the official company demo tracks, SC took me to yet another set of Take 5 demos

6 Likes

Doesn’t sound bad at all

I wanted a Prophet 6 so bad for quite some time. But I always decided against it because of the price.
I‘m super interested in this, just have to decide what to sell. :upside_down_face:

Btw why is it so much cheaper than the P5 if it has its vcos and filter?
Only cheaper components? Maybe build quality? And less nostalgia…
It even has more features right?

4 Likes

Same. Still working my way through demos but it might be time for my Mopho x4 + Tetra to go…

These sounds are immediately much more to my taste, sounds quite nice indeed.

2 Likes