Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

Well yeah, I mean, who can compete with that?

That should have been Sequential’s main promo right there.

1 Like

That’s all I needed to see! Sold!

2 Likes

Is that a problem? Being comfortable with what you have is the death of GAS.

it’s only a problem personally :slight_smile: as when I heard the take 5 was on the way I was hoping that it would appeal to me more than repro and stop me from purchasing a p5, I’m still hoping but as of now that’s not the case… still hoping though… at least I’m not gonna be blinded by the take 5’s looks

but generally speaking I am partial to hardware, it just feels more comfortable

I use multiple instances of repro 5 in almost every track I make these days.
That’s what kept me from buying the P6. I was afraid to spend > 2k and then keep using repro 5 instead :upside_down_face:
But a knobby synth is still something desirable if it is in that ballpark.

The rev 2 may be more feature rich and capable of sounding great, but I‘m afraid that it‘s a bit like the A4, where you have to put a lot of work in to get the sound you want.
While the P5/P6 and hopefully the Take 5 are more sweet spot synths. At least that is my little impression from trying the P6 and rev2 side by side in a shop.

The P5 etc also seems to be great for bass sounds, which many of the modern polys seem to lack. Judging from these early demos the Take 5 can do some nice bass too

6 Likes

If you want knobby Repro, definitely check out the SFC-5 MK2 controller.
Mine is better built than my Pro 2 (or any of my Elektrons, really).

With a decent computer it definitely gives a hardware experience. Plus you get the option for a few more voices than Take 5, or you can limit it to 5 if you want that voice stealing/cycling while playing.

9 Likes

Take 5 sounds pretty similar to Repro to me, and I know I love Repro’s built in effects where I’m not so sure about Take 5’s.

I also prefer hardware but VSTs have provided me with all the classic analog poly synths I need, but I don’t go nearly as deep with sound exploration, so maybe the SFC-5 is the ticket.

At this point I’m not sure it’s worth selling my Mopho x4 and Tetra for this, but it’s pretty wild for me to think of how I spent the amount on the Mopho x4 when it came out 9 years ago. Take 5 seems like a wonderful package, though the “great first synth” part of the promo video is odd when I’d be looking at this as my 20th synth.

3 Likes

Very nice. Some good demos out there. Good enough to make this one easy to resist.

1 Like

Just noticed this.
Clever!

Analog Keys has this too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not so clever then.
:laughing:

3 Likes

it’s been right in front of me on my desk for 2 years and i never noticed that

3 Likes

Imho a clever move to market it as a “First Synth” :slight_smile:

Sounds simply great :heart:

1 Like

I’m a super noob and dont know how to play piano or KB or anything and I love the Pro3…so this with my Pro3 will be great for my noobish non skills!

From their marketing- “whether you’re new to analog synths or a space-conscious pro”

I think the only difference is really in the key count.

The 5 keys missing from the keyboard are inside the “E” :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Anybody else thinks this synth sounds really good??

5 Likes

The demos sound good, but I was hoping it would sound more P5-like, which would have made it a standout among the other polys in this price range. Maybe I just need to hear it with the vintage knob turned all the way up.

1 Like

The manual is up, and it does have chord memory :blush: :thinking:

And it can be saved inside the program. Bonus!

5 Likes