Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

Somehow this slipped by me. Super-cringe marketing and demos aside, this is a brilliant move for Sequential. I’m sure in the right hands it’s going to have massive sound design potential…

If they do a module I’m definitely on board.

1 Like

Yeah, not anything special.

gah… i put one in my cart with a 10% discount but haven’t completed the sale. might just let it sit for awhile and try to forget about it.

2 Likes

This guy knows synths and in particular Sequential synths really well

3 Likes

Good sounds, I like what I am hearing. Filter drive sounded nice as well.

I think there is a reason why there are not a plethora of VS prophet 5 clips out by the people who have the take 5, like j3po etc…

gotta admit synth punk’s video was hilarious…

to be fair It’s a nice synth but there is a little bait and switch going on subtly speaking

What’s the bait and switch? That synth punk guy is an annoying troll on YouTube. Almost all his videos are just trolling ignorant hate posts. I won’t buy this synth cause #1 it’s not a module. I do think it sounds exceptional though.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s as thick as the Prophet 5 and it sounds brighter. There’s a place for both sounds for sure. The turnoff for me is the emphasis on effects/arp/seq. I’d be more interested in straight tone. This seems to sound great there too, but I’ve got enough outboard effects and sequencers.

1 Like

yeah but that’s what trolls do…

the bait and switch is, and albeit subtly like I said before , that they being (Dave) know what the people want, he also knows what the people were hoping the take 5 would be upon announcement, and he uses some of that juice, just a wee lil’bit to promote it, that’s why everyone is talking about that filter… but any real fan of sequential synths can hear the difference no matter what the marketing material is saying… I think the synth is cool, but…

it’s a good price/ratio option but it’s a little more generic sounding than expected imo

2 Likes

I searched for the T5 on YT like a day after it was announced and this dude had posted five or six videos complaining about it already. Really wish YT had a block channel feature.

3 Likes

Yeah, he used to post under a different name but I think he got banned. I think one of the YouTube flags actually applies to his sort or troll/spam posting (spam/misleading). At first I thought he was doing parody thing or something, but I dont think that is actually the case.

? How can you say it only has entry level sounds? I’d say just entry level demo’s at this point. :rofl: Not enough modulation type of thing? Take a look at the prophet 5 and then take a look at the take 5, pretty sure it has more capability than the p5, so nothing entry level, but nope it’s not a polybrute with near infinite modulation routing.

1 Like

I think I’ll just settle for another minilogue XD as my analog poly, just too much money for these ‘premium’ synths. Wanted the OB-6, but I have the Sub Phatty with it’s multi-mode filter that has 24db, 18, 12, & 6 filter slope, as well as having the Steiner Parker 12db filter on my Minibrute, I’d say I’m inventive enough to get whatever tone I want for way less than 2-3 grand. And this being 1,300 for one more note of polyphony and that weak looking panel, I mean really who picks these color scheme’s a color blind person could do better.

Nice

I like that overdrive knob :heart::heart:
I am not shure why, but I like its sound more than p5rev4, it has smother highs or something.

@ Thomann (DE): Sequential Take 5 – Musikhaus Thomann

I’m just waiting to hear these vibes, hope Dave can get these guys some take 5’s to demo

Since Sequential is now part of the focusrite/novation group is this synth made in China like most of the Focusrite/Novation Gear? Does this account for the dramatically lower price compared to the made in S.F. units?

2 Likes

This was all set up beforehand.

I am sure you are correct. The buy in means consumers get sequential at novation prices. If the reliability remains constant and customer support then maybe a win/win although again jobs are going out of USA.

It’s built in SF by the same team.

5 Likes