Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

Could you elaborate?

1 Like

would probably need more info on what kind of sound and usage you’re going for to be really anything but opinionated but when I saw your post I was thinking of my own comparisons between the take 5 and the P5 earlier in the thread…

I think the p6 and take 5 are quite different and less comparable than comparable so one wouldn’t probably nix the other out

:heart_eyes: it’s home

12 Likes

I was looking for P6 because it seemed a pretty nice balance between P5 tone and versatility. But I saw Sean Costello from Valhalla DSP saying that he can nail the sound of his P10 patches with the T5. Since the T5 is very versatile, wouldn’t it be a good alternative to P6?

P6 keyboard has 5 more keys, and both HPF and LPF.

T5 has P5 Rev 4 filter design, no HPF

that’s all i got for now. If you want more you can download the T5 manual, or even better try it in person.

I forgot to say I don’t care much for keyboards. If I get the P6, it’ll be a desktop module.

that’s interesting, I’d like to hear the kind of patches he’s talking about I will look them up

Some deep dive from Daniel Fisher

pretty good demo there. i don’t know why people are bagging on this thing. it sounds good, seems pretty flexible, and packs a lot into a small package.

Damn you Daniel Fisher.

If I don’t watch out, I may end up having both a Take 5 and a Hydrasynth in da house! His fault!

This looks and sounds great! I love my pro 3 though. I’ve seen lots of used pro 3s for 1250-1350. Hard to choose the take 5 over that.

1 Like

The User’s Guide PDF shows the mod matrix is surprisingly stacked. 19 sources, 54 destinations.

Taking a look at this chart:

P5: 2 sources, 3 destinations

P6: 2 sources, 6 destinations

3 Likes

not trying to ruffle any feathers but as a Daniel Disher fan I can easily say that imho that video did not sound that great

still looking forward to more people getting their hands on one and being convicted otherwise… I spent a couple of hours with one (which is not enough) but was not impressed.

The real test of sound quality will be in person, in the music store.

The same store where I played and heard the P5 and P6 next to each other, as well as other polysynths all in the same room, with decent monitors, not my so-so computer speakers. My opinions are based on this experience, not Youtube.

1 Like

mine too, I almost had to force myself not to take a p5 home…

1 Like

Just posted the other day on another forum, in response to somebody’s question - it was a typical “what’s the best synth” kinda question

Moog Matriarch and Prophet 5 (Rev4) - both sounded great to me in Youtube. Both sounded even better in person.

DSI/Sequential OB-6 - sounded great in Youtube, did not stand out as much in person

DSI PolyEvolver - sounded meh in online demos I heard, sounded amazing in person

Roland MC-101 - sounded meh in Youtube (because none of them were exploring it as a synth), surprisingly good in person

LESSON: Try the synth in person if you can

1 Like

what I like about perfect circuit is that I was in there for hours by myself, completely agree about trying a synth in person, I thought I would love the Moog one, nooo way and you know it’s a quality instrument but in spite of me loving it online I didn’t gel with it at all

1 Like

That’s the problem for many of us.

1 Like

Seems a lot of peeps here just buy from a store with a good return policy. They buy whatever they fancy right away, then return if they don’t like it.

I’d do that if I lived in the US or in some European countries.