Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

hahaha… my wife assumed i’d already ordered it. oops…

actually it wasn’t bad, it was better than the pink Buddha video, and the take 5 sounded better

1 Like

I’ll just take your word for it. After 2 hrs already of listening, I’m good.

1 Like

Get a Bosch one. Can’t go wrong with them. They have this Autodry feature and a new EasyClean Filter. A+++ efficiency. Take 5 filter is great too, but can’t dry your jeans.

4 Likes

My Bosch washer lasted about 11 years, then had to be replaced for good. Multiple repairs were needed. Their cheapest model and a POS.

The dryer though… that sucker keeps working and working… never a problem.

1 Like

off topic: i’m looking at a ventless/heat pump dryer to solve a duct problem the previous owners of this house created.

on topic: let’s see if my family notices when i setup the take 5 on top of the washer, and there is no dryer to be found.

3 Likes

Speaking generally and not in response to anyone here, sincere congrats, Sequential.

On the overwhelmingly negative internet, people conditioned to complain are having to really stretch to find things to quibble about :smiley:

I sold a bunch to get my P10 and can’t be mad about how awesome the Take 5 sounds. I’m not going to even listen to the demos, I’m happy it’s a bit more reachable and no less awesome for the price.

5 Likes

I was the opposite with the Moog One. Was way more impressed when I tried one in person than any video clip I heard. Hoping for the same with the T5

1 Like

if you like what you heard up above I’m confident you’ll like it in person

1 Like

Did not notice before that there’s an overdrive at the end of the signal chain, and a separate distortion effect elsewhere.

3 Likes

That is correct. Technically 3 places to get drive. There is the filter drive knob, the overdrive knob under the volume knob, and also as an FX slot. The filter drive is pretty subtle, more of a thickener, the Overdrive knob is gnarly, and the FX slot drive is more configurable, and can add a nice sizzle to your sound, or can get closer to more classic distortion.

1 Like

I’m starting to think they’re working on a Take 10, that will be about as related to Prophet 5/10 as the Moog Subsequent fam is related to Minimoog Model D

1 Like

I hope they are, and possibly add wavetables as well. To keep your Moog analogy going, the T5 could be the Grandmother, and the Matriarch could be coming.

Another cool option would be a Take 5 but with Oberheim voicing. So a more affordable way for people to get into the general Oberheim sound.

1 Like

That’s the Novation Input!?

What is that even mean?

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Similar as Peak.

Ah, it’s been a couple years since I have used the Peak. I doubt Novation had much input on this. The Pro 3 also had 3 places to get drive.

1 Like

Didn’t know that as I don’t own a Pro 3. Good to know, thanks.

3 Likes

Yeah, the Pro 3 has a filter drive, a distortion knob near the volume knob, and the tuned feedback section which can get pretty gnarly.

2 Likes