SERIOUS: Do you like jazz?

Medeski Martin & Wood + Scofield is where the magic is. :sunglasses::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Tricky, they’ve changed a lot across the decades. The more you’re into fusion and jazz, the more their early work, with their very first albums being closest to that style.

1 Like

I fucking love jazz and will fight anyone who says anything bad about Oscar Peterson, Coltrane, Monk, Roach, Getz, Hawkins, Parker, Lurie, Pepper, Armstrong, Elington, Rich, Blakey, Jones, Williams, Haynes…

Baker and Davis are open to attack though.

2 Likes

Love this album.

Olé Coltrane has a special place in my heart as well.

Is Nina Simone jazz? Not sure, but I love her music a lot!!! What an artist!

And Yma Sumac’s Mambo is a perfect album when you need energy. Incredible voice!

7 Likes

I like some jazz, mostly transcendental / spiritual stuff. I personally just don’t like brass sounds that much.

1 Like

Without jazz pretty much all music that interests me would be non-existent. So yes, I love jazz.

4 Likes

I know remember a time in the early 2000 when there was a thing called acid jazz.

And mix between hip-hop and jazz.

2 Likes

That’s why I married an amoeba

Shit, this is a serious thread

2 Likes

SERIOUSly. I like Ben Folds Five.

1 Like

Fumiya Tanaka’s
Karafuto project is very interesting, I keep coming back to listen to this groovy driving electronics infused jazz pressure!

2 Likes

I got this on vinyl. Love it!

1 Like

One of my favorite contemporary jazz records. Highly recommend.

2 Likes

I used to like jazz but the more I listen to Mozart’s Piano Concerts, the less I can stand jazz ,)
but here are 2 I even got in my mix-all-styles-playlist:
Santiago Bosch’s great fusion album GALACTIC WARRIOR

and the singer ELIF CAGLAR from Turkey who is one of my top 5 favorite jazz singers

1 Like

I don’t like jazz, I love it.

2 Likes

Does crime jazz count ?

1 Like

Anyone out there diggin’ Get The Blessing?

3 Likes

Man that was some real smooth late-night-contemplate-life-in-a-dark-smoke-filled-study-draped-in-a-silk-robe-with-a-glass-of-scotch type jazz. Great to see fresh things from the new players! :beers:

1 Like

They were championed over here by Gilles Peterson, my favourite DJ. I’ve been listening to Gilles regularly since 1999! My brother one night was listening to the radio and said to me “you’ll like this guy he plays all the kind of shit you like!” This was the first track I heard Gilles play and have been listening ever since.

3 Likes

AND DON’T YA FORGET IT, YA HEAR! :older_man:

Monster track from Japan! Sleepwalker and Pharoah Sanders!

3 Likes