SERIOUS: Do you like jazz?

No

1 Like

Nie Bärtsch is great. He did minimal polymeters and polyrhythms before many here were born…

3 Likes

Space is the place!

5 Likes

That’s ok, too.
More for us, heh. :smirk:

Yes! You can keep it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah that’s neat thanks for sharing that! Also, Giant Steps is one of those great straight-jazz albums that never ceases to amaze. :beers:

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it. His work is solid.

1 Like

MIDORI

3 Likes

Unfortunately for me, I have a love hate relationship with jazz.
I like it’s vast possibilities playing lines over complex chords and exploring harmonic possibilities myself, but I can hardly bear to listen to jazz anymore…

Peculiar, isn’t it?

I have seen these guys several times and it was always a great experience.

1 Like

a) YES LOVE JAZZ. Except all the bits that are terrible. But that’s the same as every genre.

b) if you answered “I like Jazz” and have never heard “the other Placebo” then I recommend you do.

3 Likes

How did i miss them…?
Thanks.

1 Like

I discovered Athletic Progression trough @ElectricBear on this forum last year, it’s been on regular rotation since, really cool stuff. That rhythm section… :black_heart:

3 Likes

…but I like classic jazz too :grin:

2 Likes

I both like it and feel indifferent to it. I love how it deals with odd rhythms sometimes but I don’t care about harmonic properties as it sounds boring to me. Of course, there are even ‘danceable’ jazz like bebop, but I think most seasoned jazzmen look down on such styles.

So it’s a 50/50. I am somewhat knowledgeable from school and let’s say, general erudition, but it’s not enough to be able to judge objectively. If I knew more, then maybe I would like it more.

@MarcD Thanks for sharing this!
Haven’t seen it yet… This is awesome! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Despise is probably way too strong a word
Alot of Jazz artists are heavily inspired by Electronica , take note of Corea , Duke and Hancock. E.S.T , Gogo penquin , Phronesis , Avishai Cohen.

1 Like

I advise everyone to have a go at learning to play Jazz. Just a few basic Jazz chords. Honestly, it will get you out of this loop thing people are obsessed with. You can improvise on those simple chords for minutes.

6 Likes

Oh! I forgot Cole // Knower!

5 Likes