Share something

sharing a gear question.

Does this exist?:
A box that is just a huge SSD with USB input.
You can plug in any USB compliant audio device and the box records.
simple interface, two buttons; record start(split), record stop.
new file created each time.
Naming, exporting, multichannel, format, quality, all admin; wireless or via USB setup

(i know this is essentially a computer but i’m after the simplest solution that removes screens)

Get an Elgato Stream Deck Mini, set the buttons up how you want, and put your laptop under you desk.

A customized transport control

you can use animated gifs for the button images

1 Like

sometimes when i’m jamming i turn off phone and laptop, shut things out. i know it seems petty but i want something totally standalone

basically this, but with a usb C input port

which this has, but i don’t think you can hook up an external class compliant multichannel audio device as host via USB.

3 Likes
6 Likes

278229640_684792632940590_3114854306860242742_n

278077808_156013980211436_4739248583492313523_n

278045038_510056987196385_364277418846962199_n

2 Likes

Astropolis castle ?
(château de Kériolet)

Nope, but not far (seen from Belgium). It’s Vitré’s castle
:european_castle:

1 Like

Αmaxing work :star_struck:

1 Like

The F3 can function as an audio interface, but afaik it cannot record over USB.

Just sad about the video quality at the time. :grimacing:

1 Like

Went on a little sound recording trip here for two days, an abandoned supermarket of a US army base. It’s been used for several events before, already had a gig here about three years ago with a theater piece I do the sound for and which needed new material, that’s why we met there again.

Tried this dual setup for the first time to compare mics. Won‘t do it again unless I have a shock absorbent mount for the H5 for obvious reasons.

There were a lot of great sound sources but the general noise is pretty apparent with ventilation systems running all the time. But there was on old drum kit I found towards the end, squeeky gates and ramps and various other bits. Now comes the tedious part: cutting and editing the samples. But definitely track worthy material in there for sure.

And since there is some nice art on the walls I thought I‘d share that as well:

6 Likes

Jon Hopkins did the music for this.

2 Likes

That’s what my dealer said about them pills that made me shit myself.

4 Likes

Shared this in the iOS thread but it’s more of a general concept than an iOS specific thing.

4 breaks chopped into 8ths then random robin between the 4 to create a constantly evolving mangled thing.

Added 808 kicks, bit of very moderate 303 style bass then sequenced the effects to make the drums more fun.

More to follow and bugs to iron out but it progresses at least.

3 Likes

When petanque players stand together,
can clear land in minutes.
It’s nice…

The first M4L patch I dare to “finish” and share : Vague

Vague is a free Max for Live device adding warmth to your sound, you can go from subtle color to ultra raw distortion.

It is based on more than twenty different waveshaping functions you can freely find on the world wild net, I simply wanted to share this discovery so I created this patch with a simple and effective user interface from diverse inspirations.

This is actually the first time I share a M4L patch, hope you’ll like it :relaxed:

5 Likes

Petanque player unite! :fist:

Very nice of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice Digitakt live Jam from Dave Mech:

Awesome groove man :+1:

1 Like