Share your NOT electronic music

Thank you so much, glad to see we seem to have the same references!

1 Like

I just had a friend recommend this as I was reading your post. Definitely a sign to give it a listen. Sounds immense!

1 Like

Just a cheeky link to our band Portrayal in case anyone is interested. Some post punk, shoegaze and electronic influences

https://youtube.com/c/Portrayal

My band just released a new song and video:

2 Likes

Excellent stuff, Sirs!

1 Like

Something I originally wrote and recorded a million years ago. It’s all keyboards, even though at the time I mainly played guitar, but I drafted in two singers and I don’t think it can be classified as ‘electronic music’.
Enjoy or not.
She Walks in Beauty

1 Like

Recorded back when I lived in Nashville. I’m proud of this one.
It’s on all the other streaming services too.

Sounds nice! One of the vocalists… is that THE Mats Levén? Like the one who sung with Therion and Candlemass? If so, wow!

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Yep, it’s in deed THAT particular Mats!
I don’t know him, or even met him, though. Just asked over MySpace and he agreed to do it. Then we just sent files across.
He recently DID add it to a Spotify ‘discography playlist’. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(features AR on drums)

1 Like

Love that this thread is getting attention again - versatile bunch here for sure!

1 Like

Kind of nostalgic today and recorded some piano and added strings with Ableton while i was imagine a movie scene where a woman on a hill with view to the ocean, goes down to her knees from sadness and almost collapses from crying because she lost her family in war.

2 Likes

Decided to release one of my “side projects” seven years after it’s creation.
Because why not ?

3 Likes

Theres a sub phatty in this band but that’s mostly it for stuff that gets plugged in.

Not sure this totally counts, but stylistically what I do tends not to be what is typically described as electronic music. Here’s a tribute to the recently deceased bassist Robbie Shakespeare, who was a crucial force in bringing reggae to the international stage along with his partner, Sly Dunbar. His work at Compass Point for Grace Jones and others was extremely influential and proliferated Jamaican sounds to every corner of the world. This is one of my all-time favorites, a tune called “Private Life” released in 1980.

RIP Robbie, 1953 - 2021. :guitar: :jamaica:

Just put out a ‘Grunge’ album today. I decided right after leaving Seattle that I’d celebrate by trying to make something distorted and flannel. Confused But Acting | Tyler Martin mostly guitar and voice with Akai MPC live doing the drums.

1 Like

Good idea!

Here’s a couple of things. Firstly, an album that my band Hog Wyld wrote and recorded over the great lockdown time.

https://hogwyld.bandcamp.com/

We call it ‘Swagger Pop’, and it’s available on double gatefold vinyl. I play bass, electronics, and sing.

Here’s a solo EP I put together over lockdown last year as well, which is mostly guitar based, but I also play bass, sing, and do electronics.

https://cowtonguetacorecords.bandcamp.com/album/ep-1

Thanks for listening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is great. Nice work. Your style reminds me of someone that I can’t place my finger on, but I really like.

1 Like

I play bass in a band called Isolation Tank Ensemble. This is a submission we made for Tiny Desk during the spring of 2020 when everyone was quarantined (the 1st time).

2 Likes

I’ve got a new single out with my Ensemb7e :

2 Likes