Show us the view from your window

Balcony playing with our son, tiny mountain village on Crete. Not in view left is the sea :ok_hand:t2:

One day I will make an album here :cool:

20 Likes

With sheeps .and.girlfriend…

11 Likes

What everyone strives for in life!

1 Like

Just got to paint the fence/put a trellis on top of it then paint the decking and shed and I’m done.
Can’t say I recommend building your own barbecue unless you like bricklaying/hate yourself.

Many hundreds of thistles died in the making of this garden.

31 Likes

As a South African living in the UK, that brick barbeque sure got my attention! Lots of those in SA, but I haven’t seen many of them in the UK.

1 Like

I dug up all the bricks during the renovation, seemed to make sense to build a barbecue out of them.
Unfortunately, no-one told me bricklaying is fucking horrible if you’ve never done it before.

4 Likes

We have all seen the Simpsons episode where Homer tries to do it :smiley:

4 Likes

I never understood it for the cautionary tale it turned out to be.
I paid for that with both my pride and the skin from my fingers.

1 Like

7 Likes

bright clouds and almost midnight

30 Likes

Technically NOT my window view, but still, what I wake up to every morning. Except when there’s a king tide

18 Likes

More then imagening to enjoy looking at this view, i imagined the smell of this… in my haar it smells amazing! On a side note, i learned that the amazing scent we smell after rain has a name: petrichor.

4 Likes

I make my music in the basement but I am quite fond of the view from this window, Tacoma WA.

12 Likes

A while back I was going to name that. Such a great word. Petra and ichor. I decided against it after I found five bands already using it. Always happens.

1 Like

A bit up the mountain from our house in Crete we have a second little house that we are thinking about rebuilding in the coming years. (There is a little family discussion about it because this one is shared ownership. The Q is 1 house or 2 little studios).

Anyway. I love this space and wouldn’t mind caving in here with some gear :sunglasses::metal:t2:

The best thing> there is nothing and almost nobody around. :pray:t2:

24 Likes

The studio is upstairs, so this is the view from the window.
Across the Menai Straight and the beautiful Island of Anglesey in North Wales.

30 Likes

Rounded window , beautines at bottom !

40 Likes

And the view back from Anglesey to the mainland with Snowdonia behind is amazing, love that area of Wales, my parents have a caravan in Pensarn.

I know Pensarn very well, i have friends there and also in Amlwch…in fact i have friends all over Anglesey.
It’s true, coming back from Holyhead and you can see Snowdon and Elephant mountan, it gives you a warm feeling of belonging.

1 Like

I’m often up that way myself a few times a year, my son lives in Mirfield, Dewsbury.