Show us the view from your window

Building in the foreground is an example of the so-called Stalinist architecture

Is it Volgograd?

Moscow

2 Likes

Oh well, it had two o’s in it. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

and the moscow river flows into the volga river :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There you go. I was so close!!

Is that crazy church in the wall of Nuremberg still there? It was right at the entrance of the walll near the train station. I used to see some crazy shows there. Saw Christian Death there. Think it was called kam.

This looks like down the road from where I live

Mona

Funny I could tell it’s Australia from that photo. but I guess it’s the Recognisable Australian green sheds they have near the water around Sydney

1 Like

It’s as if local council buy all the cheap unwanted paint and mix it to make the classic “baby shit green” every school art room knows so well.

1 Like

I enjoyed scrolling through this thread. I am located in the North East of Germany, 2 hrs north of Berlin, right at the Baltic Coast.

Here is my current view from my cave. (There is a living room between my room and this view, so I can see this only with door frames and for the photo, I stepped out).

The lower building is a school. I like the sounds coming from the School, when the kids rush out during breaks and play, releasing energy, playing, shouting. I don’t understand how people can describes this as unpleasant noise.

The wrapped up tower in the background is a historic water tower, which they are polishing again. Here is a picture of that water storage tower:

When they put the scaffolding around it, I climbed up to take a picture of our house and the city of Rostock:

And this is a view from a walk with the dog in the evening:

Rostock is a historic city of the hanseatic league, the University is from 1419. Not too many building left from that time because of WWII. The highest modern building is the “Stasi Tower”, a block of flat that during east German times was overlooking the prison of the secrete police. Because the people living in that block could see the prison yard, they would have had links to the Stasi, they say. The prison is now a museum and a reminder that right until the 1980s people were fetched from the street, imprisoned and tortured, in the middle of Europe.

Elektronauts passing through Rostock are welcome to meet up for a beer. I have not been able to do much music since we got the “kid with fur” but I, of course, still enjoy reading, listening (and buying :wink: stuff.

With best wishes, Olaf

34 Likes

Thank you for sharing this history.

Nice view from the scaffolding!

There’s a few things I dont like about where I live but the view definitely isnt one of them.

15 Likes

This, for four more days. Brought the SP-16 if I feel inspired…

15 Likes

Looks like Whale Beach…edit…never mind, I see it’s been answered

I wanna live somewhere like that. Sick of the city. Sick of rude aggro people.

2 Likes

from bed: east, early morning and the other is my kitchen window sunset on the west.
moving from here in 2 weeks and going to miss these beautiful views. but now i have a separate home studio room, instead of 1 big studio 1 room flat :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wenn ich mal mit der Family nach Rostock fahre, nehme ich dich beim Wort. Tolle Bilder!

1 Like