Show us the view from your window

America needs to sue him as well.

5 Likes

The air is a tiny bit better here in Tacoma today (30 miles south of Seattle), but not much. Looking at the air quality map I’m really scared for folks in Portland, a good friend of mine down there has asthma…
Running errands friday evening we drove through the downtown strip of bars and restaurants and all the outdoor seating was in use and there were lines at the doors. Friday evening was the worst air quality we had here in Tacoma, I can’t help but think that kind of disregard for your own well being is how we got here in the first place.
I hope everyone in the smoke zone is staying safe and well, we had a little temperature drop here which is making it easier to keep all the windows shut. supposedly it’s going to be better tomorrow, but that’s what it said yesterday, and the day before.

3 Likes

There are two REALLY good apps to reference…

• Air Matters
  • Windy

The Windy app is showing the wind will be moving north/north east till mid Tuesday, when it will change to offshore [west] changing to north west Wednesday. Better for Vancouver and the northern states. But it will impact Cali again :frowning:

We need RAIN! the rain forecast for tomorrow has moved to Saturday. People need a freakin’ break.

2 Likes

4 Likes

There’s a spot about twenty minutes from the house where you park right on the edge of the water, did an in the car picnic last night to try to relieve the stir crazies and anxiety, quite an eerie experience.

Today’s air quality is marginally better than yesterday

6 Likes

I get that wildfires are causing a lot of air quality problems (I live in California, and am also experiencing it), but can we keep this thread on topic? It used to a source of hope and wonder, and now it’s just MF depressing.

7 Likes

I wanna live…

2 Likes

:confused:

1 Like

Dome sweet home! (For 2 nights…)

24 Likes

+1 for the view. +1 million for the Simpsons reference

10 Likes

:joy:

13 Likes

still a lot of smoke around? or is that fog?

that’s a lockdown view if ever…

a window on isolation time: Neukölln, Germany

5 Likes

23 Likes

Smoke up top, fog down below. But the smoke was on its way out. Pretty much gone now.

4 Likes

Garden spiders season

4 Likes

Yikes

Looks like Austinmere / Bulli area???