Show us your cable mess

Admit it. You want to go over there and put the orange patch cables in the green slot as much as the rest of us :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

9 Likes

Impressive!

1 Like

It’s taken years.

3 Likes

I’m not the malicious type. Might be a bit frustrating for @Airyck having to fish out cables and psu’s for live shows.

1 Like

PSU’s are easy because I have the little “Aztec Art Bucket” under the desk. Out of sight but easy to access the power supplies.

They get plugged in down there and routed to DC jacks on the top of the desk where I use a short DC barrel jack cable to connect them to the gear.

It’s all modular. Permanent cables to get Audio, power, MIDI and USB everywhere in the studio (patchbays etc). Short patch cables for the final 6-12 inches.

I got sick of untangling cables and having to dig for wires if I wanted to change something out. The mess gets in the way of me feeling creative.

I really thought it through and decided to make every area of my studio modular and tidy. Cable messes are permanent and out of sight.

8 Likes

:grin:

Does this help?

5 Likes

Thank you. The urge to cause chaos is satisfied for another day. Ommmmmmm

3 Likes

Definitely not. You’re just showing off now; don’t rub salt in wounds.

1 Like

You should be banished from this thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:trophy:

3 Likes

Iv’e noticed lately I’m spending lots on cables it’s not cheap. I’d love some suggestions on where to buy good quality 6.3/3.5 for my Drumbrute. So far I found this place

Cables

I’ve used Gentek handmade cables several times and always been happy, no issues with any of the ones I’ve had from them:

It’s a real shame that they’ve added those awful syndicated ads for total bullshit products to their site. I think it must be just an old-school guy that doesn’t really understand how e-commerce websites work and someone has told him he can make a few extra quid by having the ads on there. The company itself is legit.

3 Likes

1 Like

Finally got a second power conditioner for my rack (instead of a second power strip on the floor), but now half the rack space is eaten up by wall warts that prevent me from using the spaces beneath with what I’ve got >:-(

Re-configuring my studio has been a quarantine past-time as I’ve slowly upgraded things from a very janky set of makeshift stands into a simpler, more ergonomic setup. The setup itself is almost there, save for audio cabling. Currently nothing is plugged into the patch bay since I don’t have enough cable. Now that’s things are more solidified location wise, I’m gonna spec out length and maybe get some snakes involved. I have two TRS x4 modules on the end cap of my Temple board, so things can interface there and be less shitty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

9 Likes

Here is my little contribution :sweat_smile:
Pretty neat ahead but below …:grimacing::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

hahaha eat cable sucker!

excellent work

Always the presentable face supported by the chaos. A metaphor for life really!

1 Like