Skateboarding thread

I have to look all that up I feel like I’m 80 being told about stuff from someone who is 18 ha ha.

The only ski / snowboard vid I ever watched was Fire & Ice. I was never a very good snowboarder sold my Elite 140 and Switchblade a few years back.

1 Like

Oof, what a horror story.

Yeah, I’ll definitely be careful. There’s plenty of safe smooth concrete around me, though I’m no stranger to the pebble take down. I’m not really sure how my shoulder would take it these days.

1 Like

He came to Manchester in 89. He was hanging around in Split Skates and helping serve. I do recall him serving me and having a chat, and I’m sure we watched him skate for a bit outside, although it’s too far back to remember hah

3 Likes

Maybe 7 or 8 years ago I came across a skater on youtube that had a fairly unique style. I can’t remember his name but I think he occasionally wore a top hat and dressed like a weird hippie. Anyone got a guess who it might have been?

I think there was a lot of tricks where the board rolled under an obstacle while he jumped over and that sort of thing.

Streetskating was my life from when I was 10 years old till I was nearly 30. never was any good but this and and music was always the thing. sadly I cannot shred anymore, but I miss it a lot.
If you guys can skate…skate!..don´t mind the broken bones every now and then

2 Likes
4 Likes

Has anyone seen the talent of these kids today? It’s crazy.

2 Likes
Off-topic

Worble and Cobra Man’s “Worble III” Video - YouTube

This came out recently and instantly went to my top 10, I’ve watched it so many times. Sad I missed the crew and band when they came through town.

Forgot this thread wasn’t supposed to be about videos, so moved to a details section.

1 Like

There’s these two guys…
Probably the second guy. Different kind of helmet, hippie-ish style. Smooth skater, super fluid.

2 Likes

Just put a bit more effort into the search: it was Richie Jackson I was thinking of. I watched some vids years ago then forgot all about it. It was actually seeing some of Andy Andersons vids recently that reminded me of Richie, so you were definitely in the right ball (skate?) park.

2 Likes

I do wish I didn’t have two slipped discs or sciatica because this thread has me thirstin to go skating again

1 Like

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

What the hell did I just watch? That Matt Tomasello video is the most inventive stuff I’ve seen in years! Yes Richie Jackson’s videos are also great and a lot of fun.

I used to skate a lot when I was younger. Now I’m on one of these:

4 Likes

Yer first name isn’t Chad is it :hushed:

3 Likes

Anyone know the track in the 1st video?

Yeah I like that too. Shazam didn’t show anything.

1 Like

No but I did get that name in a way from that skater.

My first proper gig around 25 years ago the promoter put my name on the flyer as Nik Muzka

I saw it and told him that he got my surname wrong. He worked in a skate shop and had apparently been reading an interview with chad muska that day and the name stuck in his head and he wrongly thought it was my name.

It just stuck

5 Likes
2 Likes

Will double fisted ho-hos ever make a come back?

Thanks