Skateboarding thread

Favorite city in the US fer sure, but yeah it’s hella wild! You gotta stay up or you will get marked in a heartbeat.
Gotta be rough to skate there

1 Like

I’m not much of a transition ripper so I have never skated Marginal but it looks amazing! Have you seen the two DIY’s popping up in Tacoma yet? Some good shit happening! Also the little indoor is doing private sessions for covid safety, $25 for 1 hour with up to 5 people, and they’re a dope non profit.

1 Like

That melon looks SOOooOoo rad!

1 Like

they gave me 50…YES…50 Oxycontin. they told me to take one right when I got home, cuz the anesthesia would be wearing off and it’ll be painful. so I did…it WRECKED ME. I didn’t take one after that. I didnt even need any pain killer. It WAS a bit painful when id stand up, you could feel the blood rushing down. but, if I have another blow out…I will not hesitate to get it fixed.
they have it down…SOLID!

1 Like

wow man…that melon is WAY laid out. stylie!

1 Like

It’s wild. When I first flicked over it I thought it was a young Cardiel!

1 Like

Great pics! And the rails on your deck - good old times. My first “real” board around 1990 was a Vision deck with almost no nose. Crazy how the equipment evolved during the 90s

1 Like

did you also call them nose-bones?

anyway that’s a real nice one. like Matt or Jason.

Thats my buddy Jay at the middle school gap and my launch ramp.
I took that photo, it’s one of my favs! He had the BEST melons

1 Like

Nose bone, tail bone, rib bones, jaw bone, and lapper. That’s the full kit. I had em all on my first skate hahaha. So lame. :rofl:

7 Likes

17 Likes

I know you can get used to skating any size/shape if you skate it all the time, I just can’t imagine pulling some of the stuff done on boards from that era, jumping on handrails especially.

1 Like

Most of these pics is the beginning of a new era coming in. But that SMA Vallely isn’t much different than what we skate today. Lighter decks, better shapes, more pop, made for street skating.
About 5-10 years before all these photos was when things were extra sketchy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

my parents are selling the old house and one item that popped up was an sma vallely t-shirt. keeper. oh and rubbish heap VHS. and my tascam 414!

anyway I met Steve Rocco a few years ago. I told him he was a big influence on me. he goes how so? drinking and shenanigans. used to drink and bomb hills most nights as a teenager. not to mention mad blunts…

4 Likes

Was standard issue with my 80’s crew. Parents liked em as they stopped those expensive boards being trashed within a day of getting it for your birthday . Essential issue for pulling rad boneless variations at your local banks lol

1 Like

Hey man…look closely at my Steadham. All the holes are there. I had em too. It was “cool” at the time. :blush:

1 Like

These lads still inspire me to this day… plus John Coltrane and New Order :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Great audio documentary about Livingstone skatepark on BBC radio 3 rn

1 Like

Going to have to check that out on iplayer. Never been to Livi but knew all about it from skate mags.

Same