Snacks

Ok, does anyone else need like abucket of snacks in their studio to get any real work done? Like if im doing a large project, like the ambient thing im making, which involves album art and lots of tracks, i usually need to have like a bag of chips or cookies or something near me when im working. Does anyone else do this?

2 Likes

I usually try and enforce a two-snack per-track policy in my studio

8 Likes

Sometimes I enjoy cold snacks:

5 Likes

I’m the opposite. When I’m working on a track, I often forget to eat or take breaks.

25 Likes

Yea :joy: 4 hours later and ooooops

1 Like

ONLY 2?!?!?!?! I cant compete.

1 Like

This happens sometimes to me too, ill start a track at noon and then its midnight and ive forgotten to eat anything.

2 Likes

Totally. Worst way to work too, as my ears are shot by the end of the session, and that’s when I’m mixing/recording.

I don’t eat while I’m working on music. I only use hardware and I don’t want to have greasy fingers. I wash my hands before I start. It’s a whole thing.

10 Likes

I only use hardware and knobs can be cleaned lol.

Yeah I’m more likely not to eat at all if it’s going well. And I am a greedy MF in general, a human Labrador

But why? Why would I touch my beloved Digitakt with greasy potato chip fingers. I’d rather just wash my hands and worry about dust.

2 Likes

Im not saying eat a hand full of crisps and then touch the dials, wipe it off like a civilized human meatbag but dont suffer the curse of not eating crisps in the studio.

Meatbag is an Invader Zim callback for the nerds in the audience.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I’m not inclined to eat while I’m working on something in the first place. So I’m also not inclined to trick myself into thinking that wiping my hands is a substitute for washing them. The lies we tell ourselves, right?

1 Like

I dunno, im a heathen i guess. I mostly eat japanese fried snacks so i dont even touch them, i just pour the can into my mouth.

3 Likes

I rarely snack at all. I pour myself a drink sometime before starting a session ( not necessarily alcohol, but most of the time whisky sour).
In Summer it is safe to say that the icecube will be full molten, or if it is a fizzy drink all the fizz is gone before I take the first sip…

Maybe if I would snack, I would snack with chopsticks.
Seen some people do this. Looks kind cursed when you are not good with the sticks…

3 Likes

I’m pretty fat.

12 Likes

Finally.
Someone with sense. Correct choice of Monster Munch there.
And caramel wafer. Superb.
My dedication to Tunnock’s is also strong. I can’t imagine how many Tea Cakes I got through during the COVID peaks. This is in my house as snacking inspiration.

6 Likes

Washed down with half a litre of Irn Bru, for that authentic Scottish experience.

2 Likes

I don’t enjoy eating outside of mealtimes.

5 Likes