So, is everybody getting out of modular?

And need a rescue buoy

Edit - my expert photoshopping skills are available on Fiverr. Minimum buy-in is five Fiverr’s.

1 Like

Some people (like me for example) also have money issues due to inflation and personal expenses and therefore need to give up some equipment to make a living.

1 Like

9 Likes

Isn’t that called RANTOVERTING? :face_with_monocle:

^ A few days ago posed the (somewhat provocative) question: “So, is everybody getting out of modular?”

And just today:

So I guess that answers that then.

13 Likes

You are your own non-conformist!

2 Likes

They look gorgeous together! I could only show an empty rack with psu and two dusty faceplates from modules I haven’t soldered together, yet.

Decided to get back into modular last year, but having VCV and an OT really helps to not jump the gun. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Haha it’s amazing this thread turned into its own discussion on modular.

If anyone is using Ableton and Serum together with modular in a hybrid setup, I found a tutorial that lets you use Serum’s LFO’s to modulate anything.

I use this technique with a max4live cc mapper to use serum’s lfo’s to modulate my modular rack. It can also be used on other plugins if you wish.

1 Like

You’re clearly an undercover synfluencer - a surreptitious scheme to drive down SH prices for euromodules. And I suspect clandestine collaboration with @Fin25 to especially depreciate those with hipster hieroglyphics. Crafty.

5 Likes

leploop?

leploop!

If only :sunglasses:

I was about to join the crowd and get out before the modular recession.

2 Likes

I think they would look a lot more gorgeous with some Grayscale faceplates! Which are incoming…

This is the complete MN Tape and Microsound system (plus Tempi) but I’ll be selling off the black Maths soon to shoehorn it into 84hp.

2 Likes

Don’t go there.

1 Like

I take it you like your modular system without the hipsterglyph, good sir?

2 Likes

Yep. Here’s a little comparison… that’s the power of fonts for you.

I won’t :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lol, that is actually impressive!

2 Likes

With their new Jam Jam module, Noise Engineering have abandoned their mock Latin naming system. Now anything is possible

3 Likes

Huh. I saw the module announcement but that completely slipped by me undetected. I kinda love that they “broke edge” to call a module Jam Jam.

1 Like

Yeah, the fake Latin never worked for me. I liked the Make Noise fonts better.