So, is everybody getting out of modular?

78ybc6

15 Likes

Is it not real latin? I’m not too bothered either way haha but they have the etymology in their manuals

i.e. Electus Versio

I like the panel designs and they’re super high quality modules - some of the best support I’ve had too big props to NE!

In other eurorack news I picked up an SWN this week and have been pretty impressed with it so far. It does quite a lot for the space it occupies and it’s pretty reasonably priced by euro standards - especially if you get a good deal with everyone getting out of modular :wink:

Electus Versio - from latin eligere “to elect” and versio “version” = Selected or chosen version, no?

1 Like

Yeah, but they could just use like English or any other language that is actually spoken this side of the fucking Reformation.

Pretentious nonsense.

Imagine if you bought a TV and all the controls on the remote were in Latin. Tell me you wouldn’t be straight on the phone to shamsung or whoever demanding a remote that isn’t in fucking Latin, and that you definitely wouldn’t lose your shit if the helpful people at Shamsung merely point out that it’s all translated in the manual, so have a nice day…

4 Likes

Maybe I missed it on some of their modules, I thought their controls were in english.

When you do a websearch for an NE module, you basically only find those modules. Maybe that was their intention, building their own universe (with a hefty dose of nerd spirit)?
Edit, scrolling through their modules - all labels are indeed in english. We can savely use them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Conjugate the verb!

1 Like

Btw, there are plenty of electronics companies with latin, latin derived or pseudo latin names. Volvo, Audi, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Nvidia, Sony, Verizon, Oculus etc. Can’t think of any products now.
But yeah, I get the pretentious hipsterino argument…

Anyways, sorry, we were talking about people getting out of modular and people getting into modular.

Conjugate your own verbs

It might be real Latin. That doesn’t make it any less annoying.

1 Like

The controls aren’t in Latin, just the name. Things have names.

Ya know, how like a TV might be called ‘Bravia’ :man_shrugging:

I like them. If you want to buy modules called ‘VCO’ then they’re also available, the joy of modular :slight_smile:

You might be right I don’t speak Latin haha - I’m surprised anyone cares either way people fascinate me.

4 Likes

And that from a company with a pseudo latin name (Sonus=Noise). :male_detective:

1 Like

I stand corrected.

Never got past all the squiggly shit to actually read the controls.

1 Like
1 Like

can i have the black maths pls

2 Likes

Speaking for myself it doesn’t take long to learn what the controls do. I then never have to look at them again. I cant imagine ignoring a potentially excellent tool based on font.

Panels, however (eyes Frap and ALA)

I’m not sure if you’re thinking of a different brand? Their design language is more industrial and chaotic - can’t account for taste of course but they’re well designed IMO.

I’m starting to wonder if modular hurt you fin, you’re holding a grudge.

3 Likes

My eyes.

1 Like

To be fair, I didn’t much like it before I got into it either.

haha well I’m glad you’ve found your home with max

And all for less than the cost of one Euro module.

1 Like