So, what do you do?

Grad school dropout. Now I take electronics apart and fix them, even though the manufacturer tried very hard to make sure no one could take them apart and fix them.

9 Likes

So stressful.

I work in Cyber Security. Super challenging and I still get to code stuff (DevSecOps, APIs, helper scripts for the team, etcā€¦)

I have a lot of code on GitHub and I always enjoy sharing code/knowledge with the community. Havenā€™t been blogging as much lately but I might start up again with technical blogging. Seems people like to share things here as well and I am more than happy to share music/tips and tricks as I learn.

I used to write a lot more code after work but I have found music again thanks to electronic gear. I have been finding some time here and there. Most of my repos are helper libs/templates/libraries for my libraries/curious experiments (like building a distributed horizontally scalable cache system or building a self contained backend/frontend app for my dad to make USB calls to his radios)

Lately I have been slowly learning Godot (game engine) and trying to build a game. Mostly getting lost in making music for said game :joy: but hopefully I can build something I will be proud of eventually.

So I guess I program things and stuff and make boom baps on the side :upside_down_face:

7 Likes
  • 1995 to 2005 = production music composer at a post house (film/tv/commercials)
  • 2005 to present = software engineer

sf bay area

5 Likes

Wow, just fell in love with your Art. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

ah thanks a million Mpiecora, I really appreciate it. n glad you like my work :slightly_smiling_face: thanks

2 Likes

Iā€™m a social researcher, mostly doing research commissioned by government departments or large charities.

3 Likes

Tattoo artist a bit north of seattle

4 Likes

Wow, there are so many people here that are doing so many different amazing jobs!
Me, Iā€™m a Tree Climber Arborist (thinking about following the studies in Agronomy). I work with gardeners, agronomists and privates managing the possibles differents interventions at heights on trees (i.e. strutting, pruning, etc)ā€¦

4 Likes

That is just beautiful and speaks to me on many levels.

2 Likes

I am a journalist for a big media outlet in Amsterdam, covering the UK, Germany and Scandinavia at our foreign desk.

So many different walks of life and expertise on this forum. Cool. Maybe we could unite, start a movement, take over the world and spread music, love and free synths :grin:

7 Likes

Iā€™m a funeral director.

7 Likes

Whilst there is some great variety here, thereā€™s also a hell of a lot of software engineersā€¦

2 Likes

Locksmith/security technician. Alarms and shit. Stockholm, Sweden

4 Likes

Thank you so much TrabanT :metal:t3::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just had an interview to be on the Grounds Maintenence Crew at a local, and gorgeous, Cemetary.
This is after 26 years of working in kitchens as a cook/ sous chef/ etcā€¦
I want to work in the rain and wind and sun and snow.
People could stop going to restaurants, but they wont stop dyingā€¦
The Cemetary is huge and has lots of local history in it/ Portland founding families etcā€¦
ive got my fingers crossed. its a union job and the wages and benefits are lightyears beyond what i was making slaving away in kitchens.
So, I am hoping to transition from cook to grave digger, and i couldnt be more excitedā€¦
the interview went really well, btw

26 Likes

I wish you all the best, sincerely.
Your post (with the restaurant/cemetery dicotomy) is truly a portrait of the crazy days we are all living.

1 Like

17 year old me is jealous, he always wanted to be a gravedigger.

3 Likes

good luck !
I went away from working in front of computers
step by step. IĀ“ve got two jobs now and work 90% outdoors.
I work as gardener on very beatiful graveyards near the alps.
I really love my work, too much rain sucks, but still, it was the best decision in my life.
I had better payed jobs, but working outdoors is super healthy and when I think about my job, I have a big smile
on my face !
no money can pay for that.

14 Likes

YES! this is how i feel too.
thanks! i will updateā€¦