So, what do you do?

Hi there! I agree with you, its not fun 100% of the time, that’s for sure!

We have just come out of our extended lockdown period - Im in Scotland. Fingers crossed we stay opened, online learning is less than optimal. And yes, break time in the staff room seeing whats cracking with fellow Elektronauts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Studying philosophy and writing seo stuff for a local coffee roaster. Reading this thread, and the one about the views outside of our windows makes me realise I probably bring down the median age of this forum by a lot :smiley:

6 Likes

worked in music distribution for 9 years, as a freelance producer/engineer for 25. have been working in non-profit audio preservation for the last 9.

6 Likes

super frustrating that I can’t actually tell anyone what I am working on

I feel you

Loose lips sink ships I guess…

2 Likes

Whoa! You’re an Elektronaut?!
Your guide on mastering was an incredible eye opener for me, and a foundation for my future audio education. It has a special place in my heart! Thank you for making such excellent information free, and doing what you do. :metal:

3 Likes

Which company? :sunglasses:
There is someone here from Ubisoft, doing game sound fx design with the A4. That isn’t you, right?

Nope, that’s not me. Also, I can’t really tell which company I work for either. :slight_smile:

:thinking:

4 Likes

Im a director of a rope access company in Sheffield, UK. Busy, stressful at times but also rewarding.

Between this and 2 kids under 6, energy levels are mega low by the time I get a chance to switch on the machines.

Getting round this in part by only switching one or two on at time when doing solo stuff, and doing a bit of collaboration with a mate in another city, whose enthusiasm motivates me to get stuck in.

Really interesting reading what everyone does.

8 Likes

JAF programmer. Working in distributed systems (mainly databases) since 2011. usually remote for US companies. Middle-aged return to music making, and the DT/DN are like the fantasy sci-fi products of my youth. Strictly a musical hobbyist.

3 Likes

haha… at a past job doing infrastructure support for a bunch of groups on a specific project, they couldn’t even tell me what the project was. that type of secrecy is required sometimes, but it freaks me out.

1 Like

You work for Ubisoft, you work for Ubisoft, everyone works for Ubisoft!

3 Likes

Middle school teacher for the past 12 years. Love my job, but always wish I had more time for music.

12 Likes

Work and Organizational Psychologist (scientist/practitioner) by day, working mainly on leadership coaching and consulting in the public sector.

World worst wizard by night.

6 Likes

I run a small video production company in Australia. Prior to Covid my main clients were universities but I pretty much had no work for 6 months. Bought a drum kit and started playing, picked up a guitar pedal shop as a client and started shooting their demos.

Still in the process of building the business back up with new clients.

Amazing that this thread has been running for 8 years. Read the lot over the last few days, inspiring bunch of people. Especially compared to the usual forum dwellers!

11 Likes

Got a part time job detailing rental cars starting next week. Not particularly thrilled at the prospect but at least the money’s decent, they seemed pretty keen to observe their legal requirements regarding wages, and they’re happy to let me work around uni attendance requirements. Might’ve actually found a unicorn.

7 Likes

Primary School Teacher / Head of School at a British international school in Poland.

:slight_smile:

11 Likes

electrical/optical engineer

4 Likes