Solid State Logic .. SSL Big SiX

How do you found out that they are out of phase? And how do solved this problem?
Thank you.

I havenā€™t done much multitrack usb recording yet so was told rather than discovered.
Some people in this thread have noticed tho and reported which channels it affects.

In terms of resolving (before the firmware update) Iā€™m sure most daws will have a tool to invert phase on chosen channels.

Yeah have noticed it as well. Not sure which channels exactly but itā€™s definitely a thing that needs to be fixed

Thank you for your time guys. One more questionā€¦

I normaly use Sonarworks on Master channel for Mixing. but with my current ableton/ B6 config. I record the output of the B6 mixer in a audio track (here Chanel 23). how do I get the audio again on the master channel in ableton to put the Sonarworks and other Effects on it during the mixing? Any Ideas?

once itā€™s recorded drag it onto itā€™s own channel? sorry if iā€™ve misunderstoodā€¦

1 Like

thanks for your answer. sorryā€¦ that is not working :upside_down_face:. because the sonarworks is a room correction software that i use during the mix on the master. but when i bounce my song i disable the correction software.

so it need to be on the output at the end during the mixing.

anyone uses Sonarworks and a B6 here?

I can do it like thisā€¦ with external audio effect from ableton. but than I will have a ITB mixdown (but groups on B6 back to ableton) and not a analog summing mix.

any ideas?

In this photo, channel 23 is routed to the master channel in Ableton, but channel 23 is turned off. So make sure channel 23 is turned on. Your master channel is sending out to EXT 13/14, which is EXT 1 on the Big Six, so make sure on the monitor section of the Big Six you are only monitoring EXT 1, and make sure that is not being sent to the Main Bus on the Big Six as well, otherwise, it will be going through twice.

1 Like

You are the BEST! Thank you soooooo much! This is working like you said.
Last Question. To get the Returns from Ableton? How I do this? If I press EXT2 on Monitor Section I will hear them, but they will be not in the recording/print. How I get them as well in the Master?

Thank You so much!!!

the only pressed button on the B6 is EXT1 on Monitor.
now it looks like this:

1 Like

Have you tried clicking the EXT 2 Button on the master bus of the Big Six?

2 Likes

This is workin with Ext2 on Main. :crazy_face:
We have so many options with the routing in the B6 mixer. Awesome.

BUTā€¦ if I now like to export the audio. it will sound totally different. how do you bounce the song now? I just like to bounce what I hear. It sounds like it will bounce not the output routing. Only the internal stuff. Thank you for your help.

It shouldnā€™t sound totally different. If you were only monitoring EXT 1 during recording, which is the main bus out from Big Six, running into channel 23, which is running through the master track in Ableton, then it should sound the same during playback of that track, and exporting. Maybe try turning off the other tracks in the DAW after you record, and only having track 23 with your summed mix turned on?

It loos like you are playing back your mix live. Have you recorded your summed mix to channel 23?

1 Like

noā€¦ I want to use the audio export in realtime function of ableton master channel. Recording channel 23 is working. but this feels strange. Also the file donā€™t go where I want to have it on my file structure. thatā€™s why I like to record the ableton master channel.

You still need to capture your final summed/mixed track somewhere. In this instance you would record your mix into channel 23. That is your final mix. After you record that, turn off the other channels. You can then export that out of Ableton, and at that time you would turn off Sonarworks, so it does not affect the track.

1 Like

okayā€¦ thank you. I am confused to it this way. but better than nothing. If you are one day in Berlinā€¦ I pay your beer! Have a great rave weekend.

1 Like

:beers:

1 Like

ā€œEDIT: look some posts below to find my final ableton setup. I deleted channel 24 and put the Master FX to Ableton Master Channel.ā€

If someone is interestedā€¦ This is for now my ableton setupā€¦

On the B6 only the EXT 1 Monitor Source button is pressed (+EXT1 from USB)
All groups are going to the B6 mixer.
Ableton Returns going to 11/12 inside the mixer.
Ableton Channel 23 is my ā€œMaster Channelā€ to put FX or Analyse tools.
Ableton Channel 24 is my ā€œRecordingā€ the Master Channel now ā€“
to have the master Fx straight on the recordings. (23 goes inside 24)

I am always happy to have suggestions for improvement. Thank you all!

2 Likes

Looking good. If it were me, I would get rid of channel 24, and just arm and record directly into 23. Then have any master FX and/or analysis tools on the master bus channel in Ableton. Because you are monitor and exporting the master bus channel of Ableton, which is being fed by channel 23.

1 Like

yesā€¦ you are right. I just listen to it and it sounded different. it was doubled. But sounds nice saturated doubled. Any saturation tips for the B6? :innocent:

1 Like

I got rid of it (24). its a new way to think about routing for me. thank you so much for your help.

1 Like