SOMA ORNAMENT-8 Organismic Sequencer

18 Likes

OMG hot damn!

1 Like

I was just about to post this. Man, SOMA nails it again.

And the most interesting part of the video: the Lyra sequencing adapter

2 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Anyone else wondering about CV control from the A4?

1 Like

The Lyra adapter has nothing to do with voltage at all. It’s just like a switch connecting the contact to ground or leave it open.

From the manual:

Output contact LYRA: While the cell is active, this contact is connected to ground. When the cell is not active, the contact is not connected to anything. With the phase switch in lower position, the behavior of the contact is inverted.

3 Likes

very cool.
also i’m kind of afraid of the moment when my russian brothers from soma will decide to make their version of a sampler.

9 Likes

So it’s sending basically an intermittent ground x8 that’s following the rules (topology) of the cells interacting? That is pretty interesting.

Also 490 Euro plus shipping for the unit with adapter seems reasonable.

2 Likes

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
I want it.

2 Likes

My brain started breaking down during the explanation of how it works but i sure like what it does

1 Like

I like it, I have no time for it ATM though. Story of my studio life :space_invader:

1 Like

I’ve just put in an order!
https://somasynths.com/description-ornament/

1 Like

wowza!

1 Like

whoa! i also just put in an order for the Lyra-8 adapter!

SOMA is so crazy! i love it

Does it expand the interfacing of the lyra?

lol. i don’t know. time will tell!

i want to say yes but have no clue. in my mind i will be able to interface those strange pins on the adapter with my 0-coast and wackiness will ensue.

this is not the first time I’ve impulsively supported Soma.

edit: double ‘lol.’ i think i will send an apology email to soma. i don’t think, after peeping the manual, that the adapter is for anything outside use with Ornament. i am a silly fool.

2 Likes

Yea, looks like you can now sequence the lyra…

Not without the Ornament-8.

From what I understand, it just lets Ornament-8 send CV gate to each of the Lyra-8’s oscillators. So, just on-off - this is according to what I read earlier in the thread. But, it still allows you to play the oscillators with your fingers, which is why it has its own plates.

1 Like

These guys could sell adult diapers and I’d be excited.

10 Likes