Soma Pulsar-23 Sample Pack by LØSTLVLS

Here is a wee session I had recently with these great Pulsar-23 samples by @Claid , plus a few @DaveMech samples too from his recent pack Sample Pack - From Dusk Till Dawn (203 samples & sample chains) …, plus the sidekick of LXR-02.

2 Likes

Sounds great and robo-groovy in there, well done and thanks for sharing. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for making this excellent sample pack @Claid! I was hoping someone would quell my GAS for the Pulsar-23. Looking forward to trying them out with my Polyend Tracker.

1 Like

:beers:

1 Like

A big huge thanks to you for your support and I hope you enjoy. PM me to let me know if you would like shorter file names as BandCamp has messed them all up from the original formatting - they should be P23-HH01 for example but instead they’re super long.

@LyingDalai cheers to you too, it’s an honour!

1 Like

The pleasure is all mine :slight_smile:
Very inspiring sounds.

2 Likes

My goodness that’s creepy, not heard that track before. I used to be all over Debut and Post, Bjork is such an inspirational artist.

Edit: I have another couple of sample packs from the vaults to release (one of which will be free) but I’m thinking of what to sample next. I’m a bit crazy for percussion synths but don’t want to cover stuff that’s already available such as the Roland classics. I’m thinking the AVP Ritmobox and ADP-7 look interesting.

2 Likes

Thank you but no worries. I just used Renamer 6 on macOS to strip out the BandCamp cruft from the filenames.

1 Like

Great sounds, bought, thank you!

1 Like

Been meaning to buy this before but forgot about it! Lots of useful sounds in here, thanks.

FWIW in MacOS you can do batch renaming natively using Finder, just select them all, right click, hit “Rename…”, and then use the dialog to search for "LØSTLVLS - LØSTLVLS Soma Pulsar-23 Sample Pack - " and replace it with nothing

1 Like

Thanks so much, hope you enjoy! The Pulsar is such a cool instrument, on the surface it’s a fairly straightforward analogue drum machine with endless sweet spots but including the patching capability it can come up with some super inspirational sounds. :smiley:

Indeed, this is what I do for batch renaming. It’s how I named them before Bandcamp added loads of nonsense to the beginning of the file names haha. The ‘Rename…’ function is super useful to me. :smiley:

1 Like

Would be really useful to have to have the file format listed on the bandcamp page. Eg 16bit 48khz, 24bit 44.1khz etc

Might purchase, depends if octachainer can batch convert files to 44.1khz.

1 Like

That’s a really good idea regarding the listing of bit depth and khz, I’ll be adding shortly! I forgot that the OT takes 44.1khz.

I have also considered adding sample chains to the collection - I have a few homemade OT and DT chains created in Ableton Live so I’m used to making them. Not used Octachainer and love the concept so might give it a whirl.

Edit: So I have added sample chains for the 32 kicks, snares, hats and tones, in 24-bit/44.1khz. I used Octachainer - it’s super easy and very well designed, thanks for the recommendation. I also added the file formats in the description. If you have an MPC the sample chains are super useful as well - having all those samples available to chop and slice is great fun. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey, I downloaded the pack update for the OT chains. It’s got the audio files but not the settings files to go with them (.ot extension). So we still have to manually slice them. Unless I’m missing something? I’m new to OT.

Ah I didn’t realise the extra files would be useful so deleted them… Shouldn’t be a manual process in any case. If you set the OT to create 64 slices by transient it should pick them all up - let me know if it doesn’t work and I’ll see what I can do.

I don’t see an automatic transient slice mode. There is an automatic zero-crossing slice mode but it doesn’t yield good results on these. Lots of manual fixing to do.

Also it’s 32 samples per type, not 64 :wink:

Unless someone has done the slicing and can share it with us I think the best is to re-do it and upload with the settings files.

1 Like

Ah my bad! I assumed the OT had a transient slice function, haven’t used mine in a while. Right, let me cook something up. Will message when complete. Won’t take long.

1 Like

I’ve updated the Pulsar-23 chains folder to include the .ot files. Same with my other sample pack as well. Let me know how it goes - haven’t tested them myself. :smiley:

That seems to work. Many thanks!

One thing I did is change the file names from “Pulsar-23 Chain - BD.wav/ot” to “BD Pulsar-23 Chain.wav/ot”. Depending on OT settings one might not see the BD part in file lists.

1 Like

…u can create automatic slices 2/4/8/12/16/24/32/48/64 on any audio snippet in ot’s ae if that snippet matches in overall lenght vs. the single audiowaveform events it contains…those pre grid variants can be found and selected under that second “drop” menu point option in the button row under it’s display…so that procedure is always just two klakklaks away…
no need to add the word chain to the name…
once ur into ot, all samples u did’nt catch on the realtime flyby but prepared upfront in any way tend to be chains anyways…
forgive me my unaccurate naming for all this… :wink:

1 Like