Something new

pedalboard? Are you guys serious? I can’t think of a more boring thing for Elektron to release. I think that especially after just releasing something left-field like the Analog Heat, they’d go for something with a bit more wow-factor. The Analog RYTM came out about 3 years ago; it’s about time for a new machine.

3 Likes

Agreed. Pedalboard/Looper seems very jading. Unless there’s a twist. Like a looper first that takes a turn down sample road.

2 Likes

really curious what an elektron mixer would be like. hopefully whatever this is doesnt make me regret ordering a new one this week.

“Something New” seems a little tame. It’s not like “everything changes namm 2017” or “get ready” or whatever. But maybe that’s an even better surprise after building up the heat so much, play it mellow then drop something big. Or not…

My point is it can be just something new like “happening” so a new product (whatever it is) …
Not something new like something doesn’t exiting yet elsewhere… or on the market…

Somehow I don’t think it’s a pedalboard, looks like a desktop unit to me. But as a guitar player the idea of a floor effects board with a midi synced sequencer, plocks, scenes, looping, analog warming, digital effects, overbridge, some cv, and other Elektron goodies makes me drool!

Is there a long time this picture is used on their twitter or not ? it seems like a machine cover with thin paper like to hide something under another one known…

With Midi, USB, power… like a brand new machine… but if it’s a known picture… it mean nothing so…

This is the A4 ?

That’s what I’m saying. Something new seems rather mellow, but I’m hoping it’s not.

1 Like

My own amateur CSI work leads me to think that the bottom row is square pads. Like on the Tempest.

4 Likes

thats piracy :slight_smile:

That would be awesome! That would definitely hint towards another sampler!

OK i have more to show of this twitter picture, i get the full image by web inspector… because twitter crop things but people can load more bigger image and it’s appear to be Adhesive paper on an Analog Four at least it seem to be an A4

But it should a analog metaphor :joy:

1 Like

That’d be great, but seems a stretch. The diffusers in the rytm are pretty even. If it is pads, I’d think they would put some colors other than white…

I think it’s a TOLVTRACK. WIlliam’s lovely picture inspired all of us, and the fine people at Elektron worked DAY and NIGHT 24/7 putting something together.

Will gave everyone the dream, and Elektron took that dream and made it a reality

#MerryNAMMmas

2 Likes

Hmm. I think you misunderstood me at first, but that misunderstanding widened my perspective. I was thinking something new as in “we’ve got a new thing”. But maybe it really is something new as in “this hasn’t been done before.” So basically what you thought I was thinking, I didn’t think about until you mentioned it, and now I like that thought! Ha, Hope that makes sense!
On with the 3 days of speculation…

1 Like

I am really hyped about this!

My guess is: 1) Some kind of pedal FX unit (looper or FX types) 2) Performance mixer of some sorts 3) OT2. But I questions if an OT2 really is a product they want to launch right now from a business perspective. People seem to keep buying the OT1 and my guess is that Elektron are uninterested in trying really go up against the big boys like AKAI or NI. But hey just my speculations. Following the thread with interest.

I know I keep bringing it up. But it would be a shame if they released OT2 w/ OB now, on account that Akai’s Live and X appear to have made a pretty close Sampler OB with their Controller integration for projects. The standalone project loads up completely in controller mode. It’s beautiful

Just missed it. And even an OT OB would still be crippled with Akai’s greater experience in working with DAW the past few years.

I could be wrong though.

Those white dots are knobs or LEDs, what do you think?

For me it looks like turntable’s platter. Real analog sound, yeah!

https://thebluprintonline.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/wpid-technics-turntable-platter-jpg.jpeg

Elektron loves to troll us! :troll: lmao!

1 Like