Something new

Even if it happened to be an “Octatrack 2” I don’t see why everyone is making such a fuss about just obtaining an Octatrack. The Octatrack has almost infinite possibilities. Even if a new model comes out, it can stand tall for a long time on its own. Seems like a lot of you forget that its you creating the music not the tool itself

12 Likes

I second that. Plus imagine the even more infinite possibilities that OT and OT2 side by side would most certainly offer.

Couple of ideas:

• Space box with the :elan: reverb/delay & looper with those pads

• Granular arranger box, with step sequencer for pads and LFOs/arps etc.

or all of the above in a ridiculous monster box

A live sampler/looper is pretty much what the octatrack is. Or is more so one of the many things the Octatrack is. Only thing I wish the Octatrack had was more ram so I could create bigger projects

But with that said…less is usually more. Being restricted makes for a more creative thought process

3 Likes

In the video we can see VHS tape artifacts and also digital mpeg artifacts.
So maybe it is a digital modelisation of tape delay effect?

1 Like

2017 is looking expensive :heart_eyes::scream::sob:

1 Like

I admit it, I’m a grown man, yet the mere anticipation of a new Elektron box, pretty much regardless of what it turns out to be, lets me nervously glance at my notoriously undernourished piggy bank. Sometimes I hate it that my buttons are so easily pushed. Plus one thing is a given: the next thing won’t be the missing piece that will miraculously turn me into a great musician.

…and now shut up and take my money

2 Likes

Didn’t they axe that before it ever saw the light of day?

yes, and the blurry image doesn’t suggest eurorack format.

However it could be a looping delay with discrete controls over each repeat … which the new video also suggests - each repeat being its own ‘floating box’

Perhaps something like the Roland AIRA scooper and 4ms dual looping delay?

That’s exactly the point, restriction leads to more creativity and not getting lost into all the possibilities.

Not that I can’t get lost into just one :3lektron: machine, but in a positive way :loopy:

2 Likes

Agreed. This is why you can still pick up a 17yr old mpc2000xl and still create amazing shit as long as you know how to utilize the capabilities of the machine

2 Likes

if its sounds like what it sounds like in the video, i want one

7 Likes

Sounds a lot like Op1 to me in the vid. Either sampling on OP1 or the onboard synths. Obviously it isn’t Op1 but curious to see what Elektron have made. A deeper/weirder Op1 kind of box would be amazing… And with a legit ‘BOC’/vhs/lofi-junky kind of effect type onboard… Why don’t all synths have that? :wink:

1 Like

I think you might well be right. A Heat-sized reverb/delay (maybe multi-fx?) unit to compete with Eventide & Strymon. The teaser sounds a lot like a frozen reverb.

4 Likes

mistake

But maybe the cake is a lie?

2 Likes

deffo more interested in p lockable effects with dedicated sequencer ( for those that dont need any more synths ) you cant really have too many effects :wink:

Is OT still on sale? if so it goes against the model they have built to release a mk 2 yet and is it likely theyed go head to head with these new mpcs after all this time of people asking for a mk 2, without even seeing the competition in action… Id imagine something a little easier to manage… like fx, hopefully in HEAT price range…

More than liekly… :wink:

1 Like