Something new

The cowbell is my favorite :elan: symbol!

:cb:

3 Likes

I think those floating boxes represent granular configurable delay repeats assigned to pads ā€¦

1 Like

When Elektron now announce a new machine, what they may announce at Superbooth in April?

2 Likes

Personally I hope its a digital groovebox of some kind, perhaps a cross between the monomachine and machine drum but with a pressure sensitive perf mode like the RYTM has.

5 Likes

Which teaser sounds? Where are they?

This is a Finnish online store. It says the Octatrack is sold out, but they expect to get more in the first quarter of 2017. I mean you can pre-order one and everything. Why would it still be in production if they were planning to release a new version?

Yeah, iā€™ve noticed the same, so its not going to replace OT probably

Nothing will replace OT

5 Likes

The availability for that machine.

Some fx will be nice, containing reverb and sampler with delay, loop and grain functionality

But a forth boxā€¦ i prefer fewer boxes to work with.

So please one good combination of machinedrum and monomachineā€¦
Made on such a way i can ditch my A4 and ar, and i can work with less boxes

Thatā€™s terrible reasoning to tell a company :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, with current technology OT, MM, MD could sit in one box, really.

4 Likes

On the topic of one box, if Korg combined most of the volcaā€™s into 1 big box with a fully fledged sequencer, and loads more sample time thatā€™d be a beast.
Analog synth engines, analog filters n drive, sampler, fx. Iā€™d love to see that instead of the sh1tty electribes. It would be quite the thing.
Ok back on topic :slight_smile:

4 Likes

the video kinda makes me think its something like a delay/reverb effectā€¦ but the buttons give it an appearance of maybe having a sequencer - its too close up to tell tho, it could just be track buttons or something

im still thinking it might be multi-fx orientedā€¦ with possibly a dedicated looper in there or something like that

maybe its an elektron-style kaos pad type device

speculating like this is the best way to disappointmentā€¦

anyway the OT is still a fresh new machine for me so I donā€™t need anything elseā€¦

but I also love these speculations, and I canā€™t help from thinking about a new digital and real machine by Elektronā€¦ (by real machine, I mean with sequencer and sound sources, not a mixer or an FX box).

but at the end, you gotta keep in mind that NO new machine will give you better composition ideas if you canā€™t get shit done with the already existing gear, music is in you, or not, but it is never in the machine itself :smiley:

2 Likes

Im screwed then.

5 Likes

not unless you are expecting something, and then dont get what you wantā€¦ speculation alone is just speculation

hope and fear are the cause of suffering :wheel_of_dharma:

3 Likes

If we let go of our desire for outcome we will be freed from the pain of dissapointmentā€¦

I for one speculate it will be black with a green screen, and some buttons.

3 Likes

the video reminds me on some of the first usable computer-animations (pre-Tron style from the late 70th - early 80th), so it will be digital

:sunglasses: