Something new

These are the cutest fucking videos!

1 Like

I detect granular abilities?

Yes it’s can be GRAIN (the chamfering shape) also… Room Model for the different size, proportion all these ideas are interesting…
Granular + Reverb + Freeze + Sequencer
could be cool

80% of my Op1 patches sound like this… Still thinking this box could be Elektrons answer to TE. Next level OP1/OT lovechild…

1 Like

Judging by the sound alone - lovely reverb tail, nice block it, 3 kicks, whales humping sounds…great teaser.

Love the tron grfx too…

according to the video this device has one knob, two screws and plenty of pads :aw:

3 Likes

What does this sound like? I just hear a looped sample of something like vinyl noise. Then some scattered beats with tons of reverb. It sounds like nothing special and like nothing the OT/AR couldn’t do.

Granular synthesis? Nothing in there sounds even remotely like granular synthesis.

‘something new’ could be a nice fx update with freeze delay and hall reverb mean

for rytm

2 Likes

Sounds like digital FM with analog filters and a nice reverb to me. That’s what I want to think I hear.

3 Likes

I’m going to zone out for another day. I’ll be back tomorrow.

1 Like

Just has a similar lofi/reverb character to Op1. I’m only listening on phone speaker tho. Could be way more hi-fi in reality than I’m hearing it…

Edit - I’m not just hearing a ‘loop’ and percussion, there are a bunch of different synths/drum sounds and poss a sample played polyphonically as a pad?

i could look at this floating stuff forever!
you can clearly hear all actual instruments made by elektron.

the instruments are massive

1 Like

Those blocks could also be operators from FM synthesis?

A4 and Keys are FM enabled aren’t they?

Yes, on good speakers it’s not exactly lofi. That pad is just a simple loop though.
Could be some FM in there.

1 Like

Man this build up is like watching Darth Vader rise through the ranks

Darth gets ‘made’ tomorrow.

1 Like

At least the length of the build up to this product launch wasn’t like the :heat:

That broke me.

5 Likes

Would be awesome when it’s use a engine like the Synclavier sampler with FM and additive synthesis.
http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/synclav.php

2 Likes

Yes, which would reinforce the idea that it’s a reverb/delay fx pedal.