Sonicware Liven Lofi 12

Thanks for this. Ive never owned the old samplers so these tips are helpful. I do own Serato Sample though and this is my intention. To get the samples all the same BPM before importing so there will be no timestretching issues. Is this a good idea?

1 Like

Cheers!
It depends what kind of samples you want to use. If it’s a drumloop or any kind of rhythmical sample it might be useful if you want all your samples to play in sync.
I always go by ear and pitch my samples in the sampler until they fit the bpm.

2 Likes

Thanks again. Its saved me a wad of money after looking at the Rossum reissue. Obviously cant pitch up or down aka sliders and multisample but the polyphony really helps. Could the keys be sample locked and repitched as a workaround for multisampling?

Yes you can lock a different sample for each step of the track.

1 Like

Thats great to know. Its like an Elektron sequencer then lol.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s really funny to use this vintage feeling sampler with some of the newer features from today.

2 Likes

This is going to be a modern classic. Pretty much sold out everywhere. Crazy price for all these features. The only thing i would request atm is the ability to Resample but Liven have made it a priority from what ive read and fingers crossed will be in the next firmware update. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How do you do the firmware update, for relying the liven to the computer?

Really enjoying the simplicity of the Lofi-12. Feels like i’m back in the 90’s :slight_smile:

Another hip hop beat i made:

5 Likes

Larger form factor but essentially this is a budget OP-Z?

1 Like

Hm… maybe. OP-Z has more tracks and trig conditions but not as many effects. But then the Model:Samples could also be a budget OP-Z.

1 Like
4 Likes

I like x-mas because i can justify buying new gear as gifts for myself. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Happy new years eve fellow Elektronauts!

For this recording i made heavy use of the random and stutter functions. I also used a lot of parameter locks and just discovered that you can set different effect parameters for each step.
The Random function is also pretty nice. You can set for each track if a 1,2,4,8 or 16 step range should be randomised. Pretty cool!
The LOFI-12 gets better and better…

8 Likes

Just got one. it’s reminded me of both the OP-Z and the OP1, with some Elektron DNA. And considering that it’s polyphonic, for $239 is pretty incredible. Ton of fun, too, which is something I’ve found lacking in similar, more expensive pieces of gear. The FX are fantastic. They seem specifically designed to transform samples into something completely different. Delay, tremolo, bitcrusher and distortion are particularly good. The delay can go full Karplus Strong, for example.

4 Likes

It’s interesting you mentioned this as I bought a Lofi 12 with similar thoughts and considerations about this and the Op-1.

1 Like
7 Likes

Another comparison. It’s what I wanted to get out of the Digitakt, but was never inspired enough to use it in the way I’m using the Lo-Fi. The sample slot limitation is actually liberating. Every sample I’ve added has been chosen specifically for a purpose. Instead of adding a ton of various drum hits, I just add one or two of each that I really like. A lot of the others are just strange ethnic instruments or one note samples of various traditional instruments I like that can easily be transformed into something unrecognizable. Too many samples just becomes a chore that I hate.

2 Likes

the sample slot number isn’t the same as the digitakt?

It actually is. You can use 128 samples for one track or project on both devices. But the Digitakt has more diskspace for samples that can be loaded into the project.

1 Like