Sonicware Liven Lofi 12

so are you guys preferring the sonic ware p.locks or electrons?

Technically they work the same way. But i never put too much p.locks into the Digitakt so it would bug out and with the Lofi12 it happened. The hardware has definitely more limitations.
P.locking the effects parameters per track on the Lofi12 is kind of special though. Digitakt canā€™t do that. It doesnā€™t even have fx per track.
All in all the Digitakt feels way more powerful but i wish it had some of the Lofi12ā€™s features.

3 Likes

Crazy thing just happened. I watched this video and then immediately got an email thanking me for the order. Huh, go figure.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s super weird, enjoy!

An order for a washing machine? :wink:

2 Likes

Ha! That would be a prompt a totally new level of side-eye from my wife.

Dope update on the way, resampling put it on a next level, need it for the m s :joy:

2 Likes

With this update the Lofi-12 kicked the M:S off my studio table. :pleading_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice! Iā€™ve wanted one of these since it dropped, but this update makes it look that much better. If only I had money.

2 Likes

The update is great if you have a Lofi-12 but when i remember correctly you have a SP-404, right? If thatā€™s the case i think youā€™re good. I like the p-locks feature of The Lofi-12 but most of the other stuff the SP can do too.

Nah. Iā€™ve got a Digitakt, a Novation Circuit Rhythm, and a Zoom Sampletrak. I donā€™t have a proper polyphonic sampler. In the mean time, I can get sort of the same thing on the Sampletrak by pitching a sample along all of the pads. But with only 3 banks of 8 pads, I can only get play two octaves at a time. The Lofi 12 would be a lot more straightforward.

Oh ok. It was the Sampletrak that i saw in your videos. Another lofi legend. :slightly_smiling_face: Always wanted one but never came across one for a good price.

1 Like

Yeah, the Sampletrak is kind of wonky and it works best as a module since the sequencer is basically the same as 404ā€™s sequencer but without pattern chaining. But it sounds great, works as an fx unit, and is easily my favorite machine for chopping samples.

1 Like

what!

ok, I seeā€¦ https://youtu.be/lwb2UwTPfc8

interesting

Canā€™t wait for the new stock to arrive in my country. The new features are awesome.

Iā€™m looking forward to you getting one as well. I always enjoy your stuff, so excited to see what you can do with this one if you get it.

1 Like

I donā€™t even know what to sayā€¦ but for everyone complaining about creating a successful YouTube channel, apparently itā€™s not that difficult.

(Sonicware Liven LoFi-12 the most useful things to know! Short run with Penishead! - YouTube)

2 Likes

I really resent that dude. Or really, I resent the fact that YouTube doesnā€™t let you exclude channels from search results. I hate seeing that penis character show up when Iā€™m trying to search for gear videos. It bothers me a lot more than it should.

7 Likes

That guyā€™s a dick.

9 Likes

Yep. Whatā€™s up with that guy? I would probably prefer a review/tutorial from Anklepants. At least heā€™s intentionally batshit crazy.