Spam, updates, other problems

this tbh.

Simon / Olle I wish you good luck and hope youā€™ll find a way to get rid of these SPAMs one for allā€¦

Temporary draconian restrictions for new users is still an approach that I think could reduce this, especially in conjunction with a facility for anyone to flag OBVIOUS new user spam that zaps that user immediately
I canā€™t help but think the recaptcha on posting is yet another pita transferred to the regulars who keep this place ticking along
If new users are not popping up then why do we have restrictions.
Iā€™ve had 3 writing this and it is a major turn off :-1:

I think I may have preferred it when the site was down - this is like taking your shoes off at the airport ! Hopefully a very short term arrangement ā€¦

how does it look like for you? Itā€™s supposed to be just a checkbox ā€œIā€™m not a robotā€, not too terrible imoā€¦ Or do you have to enter an actual captcha?

I am not a robot, but if you exceed a timeout, you need to pick a set of images containing trees from a larger set, lol!

iā€™ve had countless ā€˜pick four summer vegetablesā€™ type verifications - the key thing is to only verify at the end !!
but quite why anyone with more than a dozen posts has to go through this is beyond me

I think I may have preferred it when the site was down - this is like taking your shoes off at the airport ! Hopefully a very short term arrangement ā€¦[/quote]
You will not need to do the reCAPTCHA after a set post count. Itā€™s not implemented now, but will be. Cleaning the DB after the attack was a PITA.

Please be nicerā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Cheers dear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It must have been a real pain to clean up this mess !
Fortunately in a few minute youā€™ll be able to have a beer and let it aside for a couple of daysā€¦
Well, this huge attack at least showed the need for an automated approach to respond to spammers.

Aaand no reCaptcha for high post count users implemented now. :+1:

1 Like

Can the threshold be lowered a bit? I have 51 posts and Iā€™m still seeing it. Also the captcha is borderline unusable on mobile (this is my 4th attempt at posting.)

Testing ā€¦ 1 2 3 ā€¦testing YES! Nice! Works for me - kind of a good idea, unless a lot of old-timer, high-post members turn into Zombie Bots!!

testing testingā€¦ reCaptchaā€¦turing machine,ā€¦ AI protocol starting ā€¦

Donā€™t turn into a Zombie Bot, TrabanTā€¦just say NO!

So is it safe to start talking about Kitchens, passports and driverā€™s licences if youā€™ve a few posts to your credit ?

Obviously :slight_smile:

Stuff. Things.

Edit: Obviously Iā€™ve posted enough shite here over the years that Iā€™m not on too many blacklists.

that should work :joy: [/quote]
FUCK! i just told a friend to subscribe!

I kidd.
Good luck boys.

Iā€™m wondering if creating and selling elektronauts accounts might be a realistic alternative to gold farming on WOW?