Spam, updates, other problems

Since the purchase of an Organelle, I’ve been using the Critter & Guitari forum and it’s pretty solid. Works great on my mobile devices and generally feel modern in its approach. And it’s free.

nudge nudge

2 Likes

So do you (mods) want us to report spam ?

looks like registrations are open again?

yep and no community button to zap very obvious spam - pity
also no limit on posting for newbies
was pleasant for a few days
ah well

Blah!

yeah there should be a flag system after x amount of flags spam gets deleted or something.

:rage:

Silly North Korean hackers…Elektronauts has nothing to do with NASA…stop spamming us.

tbh it almost looks like art

Holy fuckballs, this is ridiculous.

What is it? New electribe??

Some of you might have seen the (yet again) massive amounts of spam that was posted here this weekend. I disabled all posting to prevent it from going totally out of hand since we were all of for easter holidays.

Posting/Messaging has now been enabled.
Sorry for inconvenience.

We will close the registration again this afternoon since that seems to be the best option for now.

We are working on some changes that will prevent spam, but it will take some time before it is ready. Cannot say more than that at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks for all your efforts Simon.

Thanks for the updates Simon. Like Trabant I would be happy to assist with forum admin on a part-time basis, I’ve been with Elektronauts and Elektron-users before that for about 5-6 years now.

1 Like

I still don’t understand why spam is such an issue on this forum…almost every other forum that I’m a member of gets around this issue very easily by requiring new members to have their first X number of posts to be approved by an admin before they are actually posted to the forum. Spammers are screened out, the forum is tidy and spam-free, problem solved.

This ^

Dear Elektron, please do us all a favor and switch the forum software to something that actually works. I had better forum experiences 25 years ago over dial-up. I feel like a masochist every time I click…

Dear Elektron, thank you so much for this free forum you provide me. Sure there are some issues, but that’s fine for me, I can live with that.
And thank you for no advertising material here.

Master prestige Elektronauts profile for sale

This ^

Dear Elektron, please do us all a favor and switch the forum software to something that actually works. I had better forum experiences 25 years ago over dial-up. I feel like a masochist every time I click…[/quote]
I wish Elektron would give Discourse a go - seriously good Forum software for the modern age.
But… (I think) it wouldn’t allow the news feed and interview pages that this forum has. Personally I would rather have a working forum with solid features than a news feed.
EX/

1 Like

thanks for not having fb, pinterest, twitter, instagram,…, etc social media bullshit in this forum…seriously! thanks