Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

No USB.

1 Like

Yeah Alive still, Atleast until I get my nanoloop device and m8 tracker officially launches xD

2 Likes

When I get mine I’ll make some tutorial videos on how to make instant bangers on your first go!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @Hawk. Glad to see you kicking @glooms. I wonder if the unit will have some low battery indicator. Would hate to be in the middle of tracking a tune and flatline.

1 Like

Haha oh dude I know you will, you’re the nanoking, love your stuff.

3 Likes

as long as you saved the all the patterns to the bank you should be good if the battery dies, but I am sure he will add a low batt indicator!

1 Like

I started singing the “i just can’t wait to be king” song from the lion king in my head as i read that lmao

1 Like

Cool! I’m really digging the sound of that and really glad I opted for the digital version. Turns out I’m backer 636 so I’ll have plenty of time to study the manual… which is just as well seeing as I’m a total nanoloop-novice.

1 Like

Yesssss mine is out for delivery today! So, here is a nice reminder in case anyone didn’t see the email, you may need to update your firmware upon arrival according to Oliver.

https://www.nanoloop.com/fm/update.html

Also, here is a link to the manual.

https://www.nanoloop.com/fm/manual.html

edit: alrighty here it is!

Oh my gosh I’m so excited to learn how the interface works, in a little fantasy someone would be watching me use it over my shoulder on a bus wondering what in the world I am doing blinking a lot of little lights around on a grid for no apparent purpose.

6 Likes

in a world where I’d be using light rail and buses again I’d be doing the same :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for posting, reassures me that all grey was a good choice. :cool:

2 Likes

Can contest I have logged in about over 50 hours of bus GBA nanoloop sessions , I actually corrupted a cartridge on a bus once and lost like 6 eps about every bank filled with loops. The trick is to not sit in the back of the bus because it has the most noise.

2 Likes

On that note it’s gonna be kinda nice having a blank slate to start with. Who knows, maybe by the time it gets to me Oliver will have the next firmware update ready…

It doesn’t look quite complete yet, and he said on Twitter that it’ll be more capable than nanoloop 2, so I’m looking forward to that.

2 Likes

Anyone else got theirs and would like to share a quick video? Stuck at home desperate for content :joy:

If you got yours stick with the firmware it came with - updated mine as advised and crashed 3 times in 10 minutes based on various button inputs - unstable and no way to tell firmware version installed or on the update page…

If you download the file rather than playing it from the site, it seems to currently be v0.1, same as the preloaded version.

Was it fine before updating?

Yeah it was fine before uploading - I just followed the advice to upgrade from the dispatch email “your unit will have an early os version please upgrade etc”

Are you totally certain that the update was successful? I updated and have had no crashes.

1 Like

Well all the lights matched the steps in the instructions so I’m assuming it was successful. My question is how do we know the preloaded version is 0.1 ? The dispatch email clearly states that we have an earlier version.

Edit: I’m not complaining BTW - just offering a cautionary tale as my unit worked fine before updating. Sounds amazing and an easy interface for anyone familiar with Legacy nanoloop iterations. So far I’ve had complete freezes requiring reboot, High pitched sound accompanying a freeze then reboot.

1 Like