Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

Shame Oliver didn’t go for the diffuser design- I always liked it

Same, especially the first prototype that was literally just a piece of paper over the LEDs.

1 Like

What sort of electrical tape is that? I thought you only got black or other opaque coloues. That looks quite nice to diffuse the LEDs and make them more legible.

This one I think:

https://www.nitto.com/au/en/products/e_parts/high_performance008/

It’s opaque white but LEDs shine through. I’ll probably take it off soon because the adhesive isn’t great, but it does the job for now.

1 Like

I’m backer #658-ish so I’ll show you guys how to make bangers in 2021 :joy: maybe by then the firmware will have more modulation and LFO values :wink:

4 Likes

Experimenting with 3D prints…

4 Likes

Good choice! Are there any plans to publish stl file?

Soon. Just gotta iron out a few little things. I missed a couple of LEDs, oops! And I might make the “prisms” thinner. The transparent 3D print filament I’m using isn’t as transparent as I expected.

But it works!

13 Likes

Looking good! But what you think about circle hole’s?

I suppose it could be modified to have circular holes, but I was using squares because the bottom of the frame sits nicely over the LEDs that way. I guess it could be modified so the bottom is square, but the top is circular… maybe for v3 :slight_smile:

Here’s what I have so far. 3 files—prisms, the main frame and the lightblocker for the “screen”. The lightblocker could very much be merged to be part of the frame, but it was a quick addition :smiley:

Nanoloop device custom frame.zip (50.1 KB)

1 Like

So cool! Never done 3D printing- can you just send the files to an online service and get it done do you think?

I think so. Maybe hold off on that for now though—it’s still a work in progress and I’m not sure if my cheap 3D printer is accurate. I don’t want you to waste your money!

If anyone else has a 3D printer and wants to run a test, let me know! I’m mostly concerned about the LED window tolerances, and the width—I thought I measured accurately but it looks like it’s a couple of mm too small. With everything else super snug though, I’m a bit confused. Maybe the sides contracted a little when it cooled down…

2 Likes

Mine shipped on the 27th of September. I’m in Los Angeles. I don’t think this thing is ever coming lol.

1 Like

I’m also west coast, my package just hit land in NJ late last week!

Are these supposed to all have shipped?

No. They are shipping steadily but very slowly. If you haven’t got a shipping notification it hasn’t been sent, and if you’re in the US it could be like a month after that to reach you. What backer number are you?

Thanks. I’m in the EU and not in the US and my backer number is in the low 500s. Good to know they’re still being sent out; didn’t want to disturb Oliver by asking again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine arrived yesterday to the UK (backer no 70 but got missed off the running order). Unfortunately mine arrived damaged: a side of the clear top-panel has broken off. Likely due to the fact it was just rattling around in the box without any protection.

It looks cool and all but it will need some care to keep it whole given the fragility of the top panel.

1 Like

Oh man, That sounds annoying. Are you getting a replacement sent?

I’m number 500 something in uk too- I hope to get it before Xmas, but we’ll see!

I’ve emailed for a replacement front panel. I’ll be using gaffa tape for now but quite tempted to make a new front panel out of wood, with a see-through section of some sort.

1 Like