Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

I guess at this point, since it’s still in development, he’s concentrating on making them for the backers before putting them on general sale. Just a matter of waiting, I’d say!

2 Likes

I received my shipping notification on Nov 19th, still waiting.

Seems like he said there would be an opportunity at some point to get on the list for the analog… Might have just been for original backers, I am having memory fault.

No behavior like this here yet, but swapping out the batteries would be worth a try!

I would, but honestly I think he’s probably swamped with correspondence. I am honestly paranoid I damaged my unit sending an overly amplified signal into the headphone jack when flashing to 0.2. I hope this is baseless and the glitched noise channel just a bug since everything else sounds normal, but I will wait to reach out until the dust has settled.

Reached out to Oliver after seeing the Kickstarter update, to check if he left me on the analog list or changed my order to digital. I’d asked to switch the order to digital.

Got a quick response, as well as an apology, from him that he shipped a digital unit to me. US-bound packages were put on a ship. So my unit is on a boat, somewhere on the ocean, and won’t appear in USPS tracking until it reaches the American continent.

1 Like

How the hell do you get the batteries in there? Do you need to take the thing apart or should you be able to pop them in?

You should be able to push them in and out. However my Amazon rechargeable AAAs were a bit fat and I had to trim the case with a scalpel. I wouldn’t take it apart unless you really have to.

2 Likes

Thanks; not working for my rechargeables. I’ve loosened the screws a little so that I could pop them in from the side.

I’ve found myself using my nanoloop 2 a lot lately for making portable ambient music. Is there anything that a nanoloop fm can currently do that that a 2 can’t as not sure whether getting one is worth it (yet)?

sonically it’s a similar but different palette compared to 2.x it’s a bit cleaner sounding imo and the low end hits a bit harder on kicks/sub. its got some punch! & you’re into nanoloop i would just say go for it. it’s cheap enough to take the dive without ruining your bank account.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Currently holding out for the analog but maybe might go for the fm instead of waiting.

I streamed making some beats from almost scratch the other day. ~40min. A big chunk of that is when I try to take the tempo as low as it will go.

3 Likes

Being able run the sequencer in ping pong mode, per track is great for fills and transitions.

2 Likes

@pselodux has a great vid here for exploring the Nanoloop

3 Likes

Streaming again for a couple of hours!

6 Likes

man that’s slick. it’s so much easier to read

3 Likes

After waiting for an eternity it finally arrived!

5 Likes

Very cool mustard vs ketchup design.

2 Likes

I’ve finally set up an Etsy store for my 3D printed diffusers! Currently only white/grey is available, but I’m hoping to add more colour options soon (I’m printing a white/“wood” version right now).

Also, latest version is always here if you want to print one for yourself :slight_smile:

4 Likes