Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

Heh oh Twitter…just do as I do and check the nanoloop manual page once a week.

Hey pselodux, here to report my nanoloop frame finally made its way to Mississippi USA and it looks lovely and gives it a nice little added sturdiness.

Also, before I actually had to type out your handle, my dyslexic brain had been pronouncing it as “pseudo lux”.

I do miss seeing the circuit board though.

2 Likes

Oh no! Until you pointed it out, me too! :laughing:

1 Like

Ahaha, you’re not alone, it’s very common that people think it’s pseudolux.

Also, glad it made its way over to you! The Etsy postage system is super new to me.

2 Likes

Another batch available! This time a run of 20. Get on it though; the last batch sold very quickly and I won’t be making more until at least mid-year.

2 Likes

I’ve been on the list for the analogue version, but considering jumping ship to digital now…

1 Like

Dude the digital version is really super fun, just do it. They’re sold out right now but I bet they’ll be be back in stock soon.

1 Like

The digital version will always be the most versatile. Analog in a context like this is more of a gimmick imo.

1 Like

Nanoloop mono begs to differ.

1 Like

Ha, that’s what I was talking about. The only thing that mono can do that 2 can’t is resonant filtering, which I’ve been able to simulate on 2 anyway.

https://www.nanoloop.com/fm/index.html

Back in stock

2 Likes

Good looking out, just grabbed one up.

I keep thinking it would be nice to have a phone-type silicone case for the nFM. Today I wound up at gsmarena.com to reverse search phones by dimension, and these ones are roughly the same size as the nano:

https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nHeightMin=125&nHeightMax=130&nWidthMin=56&nWidthMax=58&nThicknessMin=10

Of those results, the Samsung Continuum I400 is the phone they are still actually making cases for. So I ordered a couple different silicone continuum i400 cases from ebay to see how they work. I will report my findings.

2 Likes

A comment from Oliver in early June:
"There will be a software update in the next days and some info about analog development. The digital synthesis engine was completely re-written with new sound modes and resonant filters so that it can reproduce the “analog” sounds shown in the original video. Meanwhile, the analog device will be more minimalistic with mono-like percussion, passive filtered square waves and clicks.

Generally, development is dedicated to ultra-low power consumption so that future versions of both, digital and analog, can be powered with a coin cell."

7 Likes

Got it. First impressions: it’s a Nanoloop alright, its workflow was quite familiar. The FM engine sounds surprisingly good and deep, too. I feel the volume is a little low but that can be fixed easily. There’s some missing functions that will be implemented in future updates, so all’s good. GREAT minimalistic, creative tool and cool machine just to fuck around.

3 Likes

Did your case arrive?

Ooh yeah! Bring it on.

It’s been long enough that i’d also be interested in the analog by this point. And the rewrite of the OS helps give a pretty nice faith in the developer and wish to support him further. Yeah the digital isn’t what we thought we were ordering, but giving the digital extra tricks and making the analog distinctive is a much better way to handle the initial need to fork development.

1 Like

It does have volume control, hold Y and A/B adjusts up or down. Gets pretty loud!

Got an update from Oliver yesterday, the update is coming soon!

I have to say how awesome the drum synthesis is on nlFM, sounds so tasty.

Here’s a glamour shot of mine.

6 Likes

More diffuser frames are in stock at my Etsy store, if anyone missed out on the last batch:

4 Likes