Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

Siiiiiick! My nanoloop is gonna show up any day now and the diffuser looks like a giant qol upgrade. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Yeah it makes the device feel a bit more solid as well. Less likely to break / attract dust in your pocket :slight_smile:

Apologies for the expensive postage. The previous runs were not at all economically viable for me due to absorbing part of the international postage costs.

3 Likes

Not your fault, shipping anything anywhere has been a mixed bag for at least the past year. I’ve learned it’s best to pay a bit more to have trusted hands carrying my parcels.
Happy keep the money where it ought to be.
Aaaaand….
The cost to get it safely out to California isn’t too painful after all! Done.
Sorry for the book I wrote you in the special request field :rofl:

1 Like

Haha, no problems, re: the special request field :slight_smile:

Sadly I don’t have any other colours at the moment (and have printed my stock already) so they’re all grey on the sides. Would be a cool idea though, but I wonder if a nice paint, or even nail polish type substance would look nice on the sides.

And regarding postage times, honestly it varies so wildly that I can’t really give an accurate answer. Generally they show up after a week or two though.

1 Like

Could someone do me a favour and measure the dimensions of Nanoloop FM?

The case is approximately 129 x 58 x 9mm. The batteries, screws and jacks stick out a bit beyond that.

1 Like

Excellent, it would fit quite well together with this recorder:
https://www.reloop.com/reloop-tape-2

Anyone hear anything on the latest update?

Nope, I’ve been checking the site every few days.

1 Like

Oliver was on holiday until the 17th July. I got an email reply from him on Tuesday, so I expect something will happen soon.

My cell phone cases arrived, the silicone ones are way too small. But a belt-holster type case works…

>>> ebay listing

This is really stretching the case, but the case is durable enough that it isn’t a problem. But it requires using your finger tips to stretch it open as you put the nanoloop in. After that it is nicely protective. Eh, five bucks.

It works as well with the pselodux frame.

I may try the silicone again with some larger sizes.

2 Likes

It’s easy to end up with a very samey sound on Nanoloop; 4 on the floor, a pad, a noise hi-hat.

What are the most interesting Nanoloop FM pieces you’ve heard?

Lately I’ve liked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMO5P_cxEK0

Does anyone else have trouble where the batteries lose contact as you’re using it and it resets? It happens from holding it and I guess moving the batteries slightly. Kind of makes it totally unreliable in any live situation. Might try other batteries and see, but it seems the contacts are not spring that tightly to me

This is probably my only real complaint with the device. Another friend who bought one after watching me jam on twitch mentioned the same issue very soon after getting his.

You are not alone.

I had the same issue a few times, but it’s because you guys are probably leaving the device for long periods without using it and a small layer of oxide or whatever is forming on the batteries right underneath the contact. Just take them out and wipe the end of each battery if you leave it sitting for a long time and it doesn’t have this problem. Since I started using it at least once a week, I haven’t had it happen again.

1 Like

Interesting thought, but my homey was noticing it during his first session w/ the device, so I think it is definitely an area that could use some help.

I also had the issue during my first session, was worried the device was dead-on-arrival, but re-seating the battery made it turn on.

1 Like

Does the aftermarket case mentioned here keep the batteries centered? Might be a solution.

Could be that the batteries that were put in already had some oxidation on their contact points, or the contacts of the device might need cleaned the first time it’s used. I’ve had no trouble at all since I cleaned mine, I cleaned the contacts and batteries after noticing it happen. I can spin the batteries around and wiggle them like crazy with the device turned on and it doesn’t turn off or flicker or anything so I think the contacts are plenty tight, even if I move them up and down to try to break contact nothing happens, just gave it a try on mine. Anyway you can always cut a tiny piece of foil and stick it in one side of the contact between the battery and if my fix doesn’t work, but try a good clean first.

I’ve had plenty of devices with spring contacts that really push hard on the battery fail to turn on after a period of no use, but when I spin the batteries a few times then they turn on no problem, I always figured it was just getting a little oxidized right under the spring.

Also if you try to move the batteries up and down, you’ll notice that it’s impossible to get make them pull away from the contact, they are always touching the battery, the contact gets pushed in a significant distance when the battery is inserted, so it definitely isn’t an issue of it making contact with the battery itself. I’m sure it’s just dirty/oxidized batteries or contacts making it happen so give that cleaning a shot.

2 Likes

Hmm when I do it I can definitely make t not touch the top contact