Steam Deck

I’ve ableton, overbridge, NI, etc on mine. Very handy as a portable DAW - or more often merely a vst host to use it as a synth with other hardware.

1 Like

Pixel Cup Soccer has taken over my life. I refuse to move on until I have finished my career mode though…

5 Likes

Did you install Windows to get Ableton working on the Deck?

Emudeck blows my mind. I’m playing classic Nintendo and PlayStation games I never had the chance to play. I finally played through most of Castlevania Symphony of the Night and it was amazing. Emulating notoriously difficult systems like 3DS works quite well cause the screen is a touch screen just like the 3DS. Emudeck installs and sets up all the emulators for you- it’s reaaaaaaaally great. You just have to find all the illegal roms which is not hard.

2 Likes

yes, dual boot on the internal SSD - SteamOS or Windows - then using an extra USB SD card for vsts/samples etc.

1 Like

You guys are making me look forward to it more than I thought I would :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now when they can run the M8 tracker on this I may be in!

Woah, I hadn’t seen this… I need to get that installed!

1 Like

you can. headless. need a teensy, but it works.

Which really is not hard no. In fact Amazon now sells complete rom sets for all the old game systems. The come with all those chinese emulation boxes. And they are sold in masses.

What a cool game. I just grabbed it for switch. It seems like it is pretty deep but they focused on making it feel good to play which a lot of these modern sports games don’t really do well. The older games with a little less controls always played better to me.

I’m just diving into it but I can see it becoming rather addictive.

Also considering a steam deck at some point over my switch. I just don’t play switch that often so I’m not sure how much I’d play steam deck.

1 Like

The Witcher 3 has been fantastic for me on steam deck. Hadn’t played it until now (somehow!).

Also really fun to be able to go back and forth between the deck and the ps5 with cross-saves :+1:

2 Likes

cyberpunk - steady 40fps. looks great. :partying_face:

11 Likes

Wow that’s amazing!!!

1 Like

How is Cyberpunk now that its been a few years with multiple updates?

1 Like

I’ll tell ya in a few weeks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: only just picked it up again today. I heard it’s much better now.

1 Like

Anyone try Renoise on the steam deck? It looks like there’s people who have it on the steam deck but wondering if anyone has tried it and if they like it.

If it has D-pad support and LSDJ/ M8 type access to the effects that would be pretty cool.

2 Likes

Good question!! I’ll give it a go and report back :robot:

2 Likes

How long is this career mode? It’s very addicting. I love how they give you a team that is absolutely terrible and then you slowly build them into something. By year 2 I won the cup but im curious how long this mode goes for? There are not a lot of tips online. So picking the right traits to add to the players can be a slight guess. I love the “sprint while dribbling” trait. I suspect that is a must have when the teams get better.

1 Like

It’s admittedly a bit of a slog. I’m sitting pretty in the top division with about half a season to go. Determined to finish it though! I can’t seem to change the difficulty or match length though so I’m scudding teams 9 or 10-0 at their moment! Still, going to finish it off then can go back to enjoying the odd game here and there.

I know this is really a terrible idea but I still fancy double dipping and getting Elden Ring to play on the Deck. I really shouldn’t but…

3 Likes