Stereo BBD delay with line level inputs?

you could buy two of these and have plenty of change left

3 Likes

Or two Neutrons!

A Matriarch :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

2 x DOD Rubberneck? Not sure if it takes line level but it has input gain control so should be OK I think. I don’t have one but I’ve seen a few people mention they like it.

3 Likes

There are videos with synths going into the Rubberneck, seems to work well.

It also has send/return jack for processing repeats with external fx which is pretty cool!

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Been busy at work so will check all these out tonight.

Right! You could buy one, gut it for the stereo BBD, and toss the rest!

:innocent:

2 Likes

Just like shucking an oyster.

1 Like

Well I’ve given up the search for now. Gone back to try a Polymoon again.

1 Like

and

http://www.rtelectronix.com/pUltimatedelay.htm

2 Likes

So 9 months later I’m back here hahah.

Polymoon long gone. Though I do like it. Just got a OTO BIM. Very nice. Early days yet, but I have gone searching for “stereo analog BBD delay” and ended up back on this thread, so guess that says it all. Miss my matriarch, but that’s a step too far just for a delay. Moog delay pedals are crazy prices to the point you may as well buy the matriarch. Hmmmmmmmm🤔

1 Like

Having finally experienced a true BBD (sarajewo), I’d say that valhalla BBD model gets a lot of the way there without some of the discomforting nonlinearity in the feedback path.

I’d almost say that given the quirks of how real BBDs operate, they’re better on mono sources as a part of the synthesis chain, rather than on stereo audio.

2 Likes

Just went looking for that one. Damn it. Eurorack. Everything is pointing me in that direction apart from me worrying about my sanity, wallet and ever making music again.

3 Likes

Yeah sounds great but limited due to the mono input. I have mine listed on MW, feel free to pm if interested

Valhalla and echoboy cover most needs for me rn.

If only space echos were cheaper, I think those are way more fun as mono standalone units and wish I hadn’t sold mine. Might just pick up a reel to reel to use for the purpose instead down the road.

1 Like

I guess you are looking more at the MF-104M than the MF Delay?

Hey!

Yes, that’s right. I need to look into them a little more to work out all the various versions of both

1 Like

Have you considered something with PT2399 chips in it?

I know they’re not proper analogue, but they’re not far off it (they’re dirty as fuck) and they probably lend themselves a bit better to stereo use, as they require a lot less buggering about to get them into a decent circuit than BBDs.

Having said that, I’ve no idea if there’s any stereo pedals out there with PT2399s in them.

3 Likes

Thanks Fin. Will take a look. I know I’ve gravitated toward that chip for other things, so could be a good option

1 Like

Maybe what you are looking for is the Ultimate Analog Delay

2 Likes

Do you have a Strega? It uses the PT2399.

Edit: is mono though, I think.

1 Like