Stereo BBD delay with line level inputs?

Many thanks. I did check out the Ul;timate Delay but steered away from it as couldn’t find much info online and also had a few issues with small builders across the pond (I’m in the UK). Can be a real PITA to return stuff thats not working as it should etc…

Had and loved the Strega, but yes, mono in and out.

1 Like

Again, if happy to go a little off-piste: noisy, good, weird, stereo delay with lots of filtering and modulation possibilities - Jomox T-Resonator

2 Likes

Pricey, but if Lee Perry used one…
http://www.spacecataudiotechnologies.com/dubdelay.html

3 Likes

Has anyone mentioned the Dreadbox Hypnosis on here yet? Stereo BBD (I believe?) delays plus other modulation fx.

It’s got a stereo BBD chorus/flanger plus a digital delay (and of course the spring reverb!) - I still want to get one one day!

2 Likes

Ahh thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hypnosis sounds great, maybe not 100% meet your search criteria but I’d at least check out some of the demos

2 Likes

Erica fusionbox, but just one input, stereo out. Quite difficullt to find the sweetspots for sounding nice and what they call vintage stereo ensembe effect. Probably more useful for distortion etc of drum machine but of course fun to play around.

The stereo output gives you the pseudo stereo ensemble effect where ch 2 is just ch 1 phase inverted.

I’ve found that I’m not all that interested in that, so I always just use it in mono. Grimy BBD/filter/tube OD. Bit pricy for how I’m using it, so I’ve considered letting it go.

1 Like

I love my Hypnosis. Everything just sounds good through it and I don’t have the hangups some people do (big footprint, mono reverb, no midi etc.). It puts a nice warm blanket on my digi synths (e.g. MegaFM).

2 Likes

I’m surprised Chase Bliss pedals weren’t mentioned here. Pretty sure Tonal Recall and Thermae are both stereo analog delay pedals that support line in. I came upon this thread because I was looking for alternatives to those (Tonal Recall is getting up there in price now), and I think those pedals were still available for their original price around the time this was originally posted. Personally I’ve been interested in the Meet Maude pedal by Fairfield Circuitry (mono isn’t a dealbreaker for me) to pair with my MS-20, but I don’t want to have to deal with reamps/dis. Guess I’m sticking with my digital Polymoon and Octatrack for now. Could be worse!

Actually none of the Chase Bliss Analog delay pedals are stereo, they have only gone stereo recently on the Automatone Reverb, Generation Loss MK 2 and Mood MK 2.

I also owned the Tonal Recall RKM and Thermae, nice lush sound and I think would be great if they ever made an Automatone Stereo Delay.

1 Like