Strymon BigSky Plugin

Strymon has announced the BigSky Plugin. Price is $199.

6 Likes

200 bucks! I’ll stick with Valhalla

36 Likes

It’s $199 @Craig! Don’t go spreading rumors!

18 Likes

What about shipping? :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

I don’t know, I don’t work for UPS. :thinking:

8 Likes

Nice to see quality stompbox companies releasing plugins. But yea…$200….err $199. There’s a ton of strong vst reverb game out there for far less.

7 Likes

Yeah, that price point for a reverb, even for Strymon, is going to be a tough sell in the software world. NI Raum for $50, Valhalla Supermassive for $0… I’m sure it’s a great plugin, but I foresee some Plugin Alliance-style discounts in its future.

Wake me up when Valhalla release a Supermassive pedal

18 Likes

Among the greatest gifts to musicians and producers that there has been

10 Likes

I also don’t think I will be picking this up, especially for $199. I have other reverbs, like Valahalla’s awesome verbs, that do the job fine. I can definitely see this being useful for others though. In the studio and you don’t want to re-cut or re-amp that guitar or synth part, no worries anymore, you’ve got the Sky-type reverb in your DAW. I mean, things like amp sims and whatnot have come so far, that you can travel even lighter now, and get a recording sound that is approximate to your live sound. For lovers of the Sky-verbs, this will be great for them as they can easily toss it on multiple tracks at a time now.

5 Likes

Yea it is a great reverb. I love mine and have wished from time to time that I could have full control post-recording with it. And multiple instances, like you say, would be killer. Can’t fork out the money here I don’t think but I do like that they’re steering in this direction.

3 Likes

that’s serious money for a reverb plug-in

Can anyone recommend something similar to the Chorale reverb as a VST?
I absolutely love that sound but cannot afford anything like this in a while.

Oh Great. It will be cracked and free for all within the week.

We’re gunna be rinsed in an endless choir of angels singing.

I’m throwing my hardware bigsky in the bin.

2 Likes

Which bin?

Asking for a friend.

11 Likes

200 ?
Are they serious ?
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure who they think asked for this. Buy any one Valhalla and download supermassive for free and you can go almost anywhere you need to IMO.

1 Like

That’s an interesting move!

UA announced 2 new plugins will be available soon, one of them being a reverb. If this Strymon plugin is also available on the UAD platform, I’ll certainly get it as I was thinking of moving back ITB for wet type effects and there’s not such a thing as too much reverb :slight_smile:
Looking forward to what Strymon will release next in plugin format… while I still wish Soundtoys would bring some of their plugins to hardware (in a H9 like box) or UAD platform.

1 Like

This was funnier than it should have been :grinning:

4 Likes

Raum is great!

3 Likes