Strymon BigSky Plugin

Discount for pedal owners would be a nice touch.

3 Likes

A message to our international customers:

We apologize that weā€™re not currently set up to sell the BigSky plugin directly to you ā€“ we have a strong network of trusted international dealers for our hardware, but software is proving to be a bit different, unfortunately.

It will take us some time to sort out direct international software sales at www.strymon.net, so please visit our partners below if you live outside of the US. Sorry again, and thank you as always for your support!

who would have thought selling software online was hard in the 2020ā€™s :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Especially now that NI has finally updated it for Apple Silicon! Itā€™s great to have it back.

1 Like

The demo for this was not as GAS-inspiring as other Strymon demos, but I enjoyed the cameo appearance of the leg lamp from ā€˜A Christmas Storyā€™. Itā€™d be nice if they offered a discount to current hardware owners.

2 Likes

Iā€™d probably buy it, no reason u canā€™t have that dsp in virtual form, and saves me having to muck around with a box, power supplies, cables, finally cloud machine in a daw, my settings and mixes can be remembered per project, multiple instances. Seems nice to me, but alas, geoblocking is real

2 Likes

This is really cool, i have a big sky pedal and i love it. I will probably get this if it ever hits $70 usd

Yep, the real question is the eventual sale price.

3 Likes

Oh I was waiting for that! Good news! Going to (re)download it today.

"We apologize that weā€™re not currently set up to sell the BigSky plugin directly to you ā€“ we have a strong network of trusted international dealers for our hardware, but software is proving to be a bit different, unfortunately.

It will take us some time to sort out direct international software sales at www.strymon.net, so please visit our partners below if you live outside of the US. Sorry again, and thank you as always for your support!"

:roll_eyes:

For me owning an Eventide Space, Vahalla Room doesnĀ“t come close to the pedal. But ofcourse this is also a matter of taste. UAD reverbs come closish, especially EMT140 and the AKG BG20. But even the Eventide plugins sound a little bit different then the Space pedale. They are way more brighter so you have to bring down the top end from around 5-6khz to get a similar sound. One Eventide Space algo plugin cost 99 USD to 199 USD. If you get all the Big Sky reverb fx for 199 USD ā€¦ I think that price is okay for high quality reverb algos.

edit: for outside US you can get if from Thomann for example for 239 EUR incl VAT.

So I checked and I paid $69 USD for Blackhole.

1 Like

wow i could have sworn i paid more for Blackhole (and its not a competition) but i somehow managed to snatch it for only $29 USD !

4 Likes

Here it is at Thomann but 239 ā‚¬ seems to be quite expensive to me. I do like the big sky but I think there are better alternatives, now (Tai Chi ensemble, e.g.). But as always, itā€™s just a matter of taste

1 Like

A few people on social media are kicking up a fuss that they own the hardware, so they should get a discount on the software. And comparing this offering to the way Eventide rolled out their plugin support along with the hardware.

4 Likes

Noooooooooo freaking way!!! That is absolute insanity and they better make an iOS version otherwise Iā€™m going to take a shit on someoneā€™s landing.

1 Like

Considering the fact that you can use as many instances of this as your CPU can handle, I think the price isnā€™t outrageous. Of course, in an all hardware setup the pedal is still the way to go. Using the pedal as some sort of controller for the VST would be kind of neat.

3 Likes

Eventide has some nice discount offers from time to time ā€¦ but I didnĀ“t remember getting any discount for already owning the Space pedal.

1 Like

Woah thatā€™s a great deal, how did you get that? Mine was just a regular black friday/cyber monday sale.

I got all the plugins available in the H9Max for free but you had to download and register them before the end of the year so it seems quite possible you get a discount if you own and register one of their product. I have to say that getting all these plugins for free was quite a nice move from Eventide! Strymon could get inspired a bit here tooā€¦

2 Likes

looking back through emails i think it must have been either a flash sale on Blackhole individually or some sort of H9 series sale (there are several emails i still have with those reduced down to $29-$49)

1 Like