Strymon BigSky Plugin

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

I also use MangledVerb a lot. But I love controlled distortion. Also Tricerachorus is really dope.

I bought all the H9 plugins.

And grab Supermassive over at Valhalla. It’s free, and you can get an idea about the quality. I think it’s more of a delay, but to me delay and reverbs can have the same effect depending on how you dial them in.

1 Like

Supermassive is a reverb that lets you turn the reflection density down far enough that it becomes a delay… or maybe it’s a delay that lets you turn the diffusion up far enough that it becomes a reverb.

Either way, it’s fantastic.

1 Like

Lofi 80’s affordable goodness.

It definitely has a lot of character and I like it quite a bit. Worth a listen at least.

2 Likes

Absolutely not.

It’s nearly 2023, for Strymon to be delivering software only through retailers is total BS.
They are putting retailers before their own customers/end-users… they’re scared to upset retailers and risk harming their hardware sales… it’s just such a backward and outdated move, and cowardly.
Avoid it. Don’t encourage that exploitative behaviour.

Also, there’s too many amazing alternatives available at reasonable prices.

If you’ve considered paying $200 on the Big Sky (BS!), you can get SOooo much more for that $200.

• Valhalla… their rep is justified. Vintage Verb, Room and Delay, $150, you’ve already won.
  • Plug-in Boutique for Eventide plugins, also iZotope Neoverb is great for $30ish.
  • Arturia FX Collection gets you amazing reverbs and a lot more.
  • SoundToys Little Plate, I know it’s different to the types of reverb here, but it’s brilliant and worth getting as part of a ST bundle when the holiday sale hits.
4 Likes

Cool reverb. This one had missed my radar. Picked it up after your post. Cheers mate.

1 Like

Not many people talk about it and it’s inexpensive (don’t let the price fool you) so I think it gets missed easily. It’s actually relatively new as well.

We have so many good reverb choices but this one stands out in a sea of pristine (and beautiful sounding) reverbs.

It’s a noticeable reverb rather than a really natural sounding one. Perfect for synth pads or synths in general where you want some color added. Gives me OTO BAM vibes. I’ve used it on almost every song since buying it.

2 Likes