SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Hmm… bought it a long time back and never found a good use for all those samples :smiley: what are you doing with this? I rather use a synth I can tweak than 1000 samples from one synth preset…?

2 Likes

I love one shots, I manipulate them in Ableton Live by pitching down, feeding into heavy saturation, maybe adding a filter with an envelope then feeding it into a reverb or delay, then resampling and saving to my own sample collection. So stuff like Samples From Mars are excellent starting points for me, springboards into pools of sonic bliss. But I’ve never use a sample without tweaking it to kingdom come.

Also, Zenhiser have 40% off site-wide. They’re expensive but are my favourite sample pack providers.

I’d start with the “Essential Wavs from Mars”. Much more appropriate for stand alone hardware samplers and much less overwhelming than the full “multisampled every note” libraries. Totally worth the $30 on its own.

Also having the full kit-n-kaboodle for dropping into ESX24 or whatever is just ridiculously rich icing on top of the cake.

5 Likes

Thanks for that.

1 Like

Thanks for the rundown, I certainly like the look of the controls. It all comes down to whether I dig the character of the reverb. All the demos I’ve heard, the songs have been so tragic that I’m left none the wiser lol

1 Like

madronalabs have a sale on now too, once its in cart for 30% off

https://madronalabs.com

15 Likes

Thanks for posting - this is what I’ve been waiting for, although thought they would wait for end of year… can’t wait!

Loads of fun stuff in here. I’m usually more into creating my own sounds, and I’ve got the drum stuff covered with a TR-8s, but I’m looking forward to loading up the DT and having a go. So inexpensive for what you get. I was hoping for more acoustic sounds though.

So far I was strong and didn’t buy anything, but this could be the thing. Had fun time with the CM version of Aalto and demo of Kaivo in the past… (Also good news that the years awaited Sumu “additive-FM hybrid” is coming to it’s finalization)

Beside this I am on fence with few Fabfilter plugins (Timeless, Volcano and Saturn), Newfangled Generate (for half), and as learned from this thread about the U-he survey discount - I wanted Hive and Satin for quite a long time. Definitely don’t want to buy all of those… :slight_smile:

79€ instead of 180€

I was weak. Oh God. Let’s hope I still have enough money to buy food.

3 Likes

ohhhh jeeeez - this has been one expensive black friday… cheers for letting me know.

1 Like

how are you finding the installation process? is it all split up into separate packs w/sub folders for different formats?

1 Like

It depends… but yeah …you get a lot of folders. The Essentials is only WAVs but there are some other formats and subfolders for the others afair… but 99% WAVs in subfolders.

1 Like

I didn’t get the All package, I went for the Essential one last year. The presentation and organisation is great, don’t have the space for the entire collection and even if I did I wouldn’t use it.

3 Likes

It says it on the Samples from Mars site, but maybe worth reiterating here: the All sale includes the Essentials zip. So if you like the idea of a well-organized Essentials pack but also want Everything, the All option will get you both

2 Likes

Yeah, the file organization is really solid. Very impressed.

Does this require SSL Native in addition to iLok?

I just picked up the “All” bundle at Samples from Mars based on this conversation and as my last software purchase for Black Friday weekend (also bought SoundToys complete bundle, Pigments, and Equator 2)… At $33, even if it turned out pretty lame, no big deal. So far, pretty impressed. The folder structure is really well laid out for something this big (56GB). For each synth sampled (and there are many), you get plenty of samples to throw into a multi-sample instrument (I have been testing it out with Kontakt) and it is super easy to use by just clicking on the appropriate file for that instrument, or you can choose individual wav files within each synth’s subfolders. I am also dropping different wav samples into Pigments and Equator, which has been interesting and adds variety (e.g. using a bunch of different samples from old Soviet=era synths I’d never heard of before). Definitely worth what I paid for, and truthfully, if I was a serious sample guy (I am not), it would be worth several hundred dollars from what I can tell based on the overall quality of the samples and the sheer variety).

1 Like

As far as I’m know it just requires ilok authorization but no dongle.

2 Likes

I’m another taker of this one… really good value, I feel especially so for it’s Ableton integration too.

I’m sure I’m not alone in this thought- but this particular Black Friday has really thrown me back towards working ITB!

2 Likes