SW DEALS : Software on Sale

for those interested, yep… versus the 1.2 version i have installed from Sept 2020, they’ve added:

• Cassiopeia: Initially low echo density that quickly builds to long and lush reverbs, mysterious repeating patterns, fast attack
  • Orion: the much bigger version of Cassiopeia. Low echo density that can build to enormous reverbs, fast attack, strange resonances and repeating patterns.
8 Likes

Been wanting SWAM brass instruments to be added to GeoShred, and they finally did it in Collection II.

GeoSWAM Collection II - Our new collection of 5 instruments: GeoTrumpet, GeoBassTrombone, GeoBassFlute, GeoViola and GeoPizzBass. Normally priced at $59.99USD, Collection II is discounted to $49.99USD, a 33% discount off the individual cost.

GeoSWAM Collection I - The classic collection of 6 instruments: GeoViolin, GeoTenorSax, GeoFlute, GeoCello, GeoClarinet, GeoOboe. Normally priced at $74.99USD, Collection I is discounted to $59.99USD, a 33% discount off the individual cost.

GeoSWAM Collection I + II - Both Collections 11 instruments: GeoViolin, GeoTenorSax, GeoFlute, GeoCello, GeoClarinet, GeoOboe, GeoTrumpet, GeoBassTrombone, GeoBassFlute, GeoViola and GeoPizzBass. Normally priced at $119.99USD Collection I + II is discounted to $109.99USD, a 33% discount off the individual cost.

GeoShred Pro - Normally priced at $24.99USD is discounted to $14.99USD, a 40% discount.

GeoShred Play - Our entry level product can be upgraded to Pro and can be used purchase the GeoSWAM instruments, is available FREE OF CHARGE.

**Note that Apple sets the local territory price and may add additional local charges such as VAT, GST.

Don’t even remember the stuff I bought. Beers and black friday don’t mix. But XO is this years winner

2 Likes

You are right! Just tried both plugins (owned them for a while) in Bitwig and Studio One and they wouldn’t load in either. Updated to Monterey only recently, they did work while I was still on Big Sur, or at least I believe they did.

Good looking out!

1 Like

I’m in the Fabfilter Pro L2 camp for mastering limiting. They are probably similar, but I love Pro L2 too much to want to find out….

Edit actually they look quite different. Interesting. Maybe I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

I’ve no interest in convincing anybody to change what they love to work with.

I haven’t tried the L2, maybe some day. :blush:

1 Like

+1 for Fabfilter Pro L2 for mastering. I love that thing. It’s so transparent and you can push it really hard before you get artifacts.

2 Likes

Brilliant synth!

I tried it out now - its really fantastic - i had Fabfilter L2 on the master, then renderd it - and put it through ozone standalone -
It clearly sounded a lot better - and i am not a pro master engineer - i did follow a youtube guide how to use it, and did some adjustments - it was a very good result. (i did not try to disable the L2 as of now - so some further experimenting is needed. ) Some of the processing could also be done with Fab Filters tool´s on the master (tape saturation, glue compression etc.) - but it was very easy to setup this and to improve my mix quiete a bit. Stereo Imager was very impressive.

I use a combo of Fabfilter Pro MB, then Pro L2 with oversampling (add punch/clip when desired before compression in Ozone), and then Ozone on track groups / masters pretty regularly.

Ozone is great, don’t know what I did without it, I always use it in some way in every song now.

I have the Elements versions of Ozone and Neutron but have been eyeing the holiday bundle with the Standard versions.

The only Standard feature in the comparison matrix that really stands out to me is track referencing in Ozone, but I imagine I would probably use it a lot. The masking feature in Neutron Standard looks interesting too, although Neutron Elements hasn’t really replaced EQ-8 for me in Live.

I have Ozone Standard 8, the loyalty upgrade to Advanced 9 was pretty reasonable but i already bought enough stuff these sales to keep me busy a while. I think I would use Ozone more if I could load the modules as individual plugins in Ableton, which is possible with the Advanced edition I think.

I like the imager though, I got the standalone one rather than loading up all ozone. The metering in Ableton is a weak point imo.

Runs Apple silicon native too. Putting a lot of the big brands to shame.

VCV Rack 2 just got released and has an intro price until 2022:

https://vcvrack.com/news/2021-11-30-Rack-2-released

2 Likes

Same here - for basic track EQ duties I use EQ-8 religiously, it’s built into both my audio and MIDI track templates. That said, I still rock a mid-2012 MBP and the Izotope stuff ruins my CPU. Once I go M1 maybe I’ll use more exotic alternatives but for now EQ-8 is king.

2 Likes

I thought it was free/open source? I use MiRack on iPad which is a branch from it.

Not a criticism, I just thought it was free?

The original VCV Rack was open source.

The developer changed it for v2. I don’t know the whole story but I think it has to do with another developer taking the source code and releasing a paid for iPad app.

2 Likes

It is still free, you pay for the Pro version which included the vst plugin

2 Likes

I don’t have an issue with someone wanting to be paid for their work, I see the iPad app as paying for that, it wasn’t much, under £10 I think. MiRack is my only experience with VCV, it’s good fun to have on an iPad.

I am so impressed with this sample pack collection that I bought from electronisounds. It’s amazing! All the sounds are carefully crafted and the patterns are inspiring! Great work. A steal for the number of samples and patterns for this price!
I’m so glad I checked it out. Great work and on sale now.