SW DEALS : Software on Sale

sounds like a soft shill, lol.

but all sample packs are welcome. the more the merrier :+1:

2 Likes

Nah just a happy customer. Also the dude has such a useful YouTube channel I have learned so much from. Glad to help get visibility in the pack. It’s a good deal.

https://youtube.com/c/ElectronisoundsAudio

1 Like

Rigid Audio Berlin | KONTAKT INSTRUMENTS | PRODUCTS | EVERYTHING BUNDLE (rigid-audio.com)

bought this earlier, most of it is filler. Has a few stand out bits which are probably worth the cash though.

£1427 reduced to £42 quid.

$19.99 flash deal on the SSL X-Comp

5 Likes

35% off output plugins ends tomorrow. they have some cool stuff. i’m not into the instruments requiring contact, but they could be useful to some here. the effects are pretty dope.

edit: if you’ve previously purchased any of their stuff, you may have additional discounts applied for some things in this sale. their bundles appear to be further discounted, for instance.

Acoustica Audio Sienna for 40€ instead of 149€. If you frequently use headphones this is an interesting plugin.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/t/acqua/tools/sienna

I think I found a hint what the new update is about…

before it was Captain Melody … now it is called Lead?

1 Like

I was weak and bought the Hive and Satin by U-HE. And enough! I don’t want to know anything about any other discount! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Me too… and I’m a bit disappointed.

The drum machines are ok (I didn’t need new drums), but the synths are really disappointing. Some of the packs are ok, the 2600 and SH5 are quite good, but a lot of the synth packs are either really basic waves or go more into FX territory that aren’t really usable. They could have made some really beautiful and useable instrument sounds with that equipment list.

For me, I don’t think it’s worth the $39 sale price and certainly not worth the standard $1,800+ list price!

Maybe if you’re starting out and don’t have any samples at all then the drum packs would be great, especially for that price. But not the synths, which is what I mainly bought it for.

1 Like

I feel like the synth stuff they put in there is the most flexible and useable samples though. It’s all unfiltered and ready to be tweaked. If they gave you a really particular sound filtered and with a weird envelope, you wouldn’t be able to make it as unique.

2 Likes

Yeah I can understand that. I’m the opposite. I prefer a starting point with a bit of character of the vintage synth’s signal flow already. A lot of the synth samples in the packs are pretty basic and samey, whilst the rest are a bit too modulated etc. Somewhere in the middle would be nice.

Yeah I guess it’s hard to make a good middle ground where you’re not revealing too much of the synth, but also giving it some character

1 Like

So, what are the options in terms of sample libraries to get decent synth sounds. Not too impressed with the Mars samples. The Loopmaster individual synth samples are pretty good. What else can people recommend?

I’ve only recently started really enjoying working with samples, so I’ve been going back through and curating my samples. I love Legowelt’s Monopoly, Juno 106 and DX so much that I have yet to download anything else from his site. You’re likely familiar, but if you don’t have any of his, highly recommend:

http://legowelt.org/samples/

Brandon Black’s Deep and/or Warm Juno packs are very cool - processed but not too much.

There was also a really awesome, free Nord Drum sample pack someone posted on these boards a few months back. Great drums and some really nice synthy surprises too. I’ve been loving some of the bass synth one shots from that pack in Koala recently.

EDIT* Also, for what it’s worth I treated myself to the SFM $39 sale. I definitely think it was worth it, but I see what you mean about the synths. I’ve only downloaded the Sidstation pack but they were definitely ALL raw. I think they sound great and it’s been “fun” combing through all of my options, but I guess I was also expecting less clinical, dry sounding samples.

Does anyone have experience with Exhale from Output?

i don’t, but it seems interesting. i have movement and portal. portal has been the more immediately useful and interesting of the two for me so far.

1 Like

You don’t think the “all the samples from mars” package is worth $39? wow, ok…

So many house/techno records have been made with these drum samples that its insane. Plus they added premade kits for MPC, Ableton…etc.

If you bought it just for synths, its still a great deal for that price. These guys have some of the best drum samples in the game though. Far from just OK in my opinion.

5 Likes

what was the deal on hive and satin?

It was 25% off after you fill in the survey: Survey Participation
It runs till today`s noon (CET).

1 Like

Great use of $20, thanks!