SW DEALS : Software on Sale

there are A LOT of multi sampled raw waveforms from vintage synths. you can put them in any sampler, loop them… apply modulation and filters etc from your sampler and you basically have the character of those vintage oscillators. magazines used to come w/sample CDs that had some pretty good libraries for starting places.

you have to diy… but it’s a good way to go imo. i’m sure there’s tons of free waveforms on line.

1 Like

Sample from Mars have a 7-day refund policy if you’re not happy - FAQ - Samples From Mars

It’s always tricky with sample packs in my experience. I didn’t want all those GB of multi-sampled synths because they take up so much space and, frankly, the VST synths are so good these days you might as well buy an analogue emulation and have full control. The other option is the genre-specific packs which might make it easier for you to find the “flavour” of sound that you’re after but more likely to be loops and building blocks and not unfettered “raw” sounds of specific machines.

In case you’re interested I got the unlimited Noiiz offer for Black Friday and it still seems to be on - https://www.noiiz.com/offers/unlimited-1653 - there is a HUGE amount of stuff on there and you can keep whatever you download so even if you don’t stick with it after the first year you can get a ton of material for the price. There’s a good mix IMO of the typical mainstream genre packs and some less typical stuff. I think you can’t go far wrong if you use loops or one-shot drums, synths, atmospheres etc, there’s tons to choose from.

3 Likes

buggyest piece of software I have ever owned. I constantly crashed my windows system and now is doing the same with my mac. its to the point that I feel like never using output software again. I like the plugin, but its unusable.

1 Like

I didn’t mean ‘ok’ in a derogatory way. I agree, the drums are well sampled and great if you just want straight forward vintage drum machine sounds. If that’s what you want then $29 for all the drums is a good deal.

The synths though aren’t any good for my usage, so yep $39 is not worth it for me. But it’s a personal choice that depends on what you want, expect and your end use. For me, I expected something more/different based on their demo songs.

Yep there are load of vintage single cycle waves knocking around for free. Thanks.

Brilliant thanks, I’ve asked for a refund. Really useful to know. Thanks, yes I have a really good collection of vibe and sound specific packs that I’ve collected over the years… but always looking for more. I guess with the SFM packs, I just expected something different. but no worries, I’m sure they are perfect for some people’s usage. :slightly_smiling_face:

XLN has added expansions to XO and are on intro sale. Very cool concept, samples plus their arrangement in xo’s sequencer.

1 Like

at last… bit expensive maybe … audio doesn’t play on my iPhone :frowning:

1 Like

Ugh - thought I had got away with not buying XO on BF, lol

Re: the paks, weird that they require XO. To the XO owners who purchased the paks are they “locked in” to XO?

1 Like

I think so but you can very easily export them from xo if you’d want to use them elsewhere. Just drag out the entire raw kit to your desktop or wherever. I already had bought xo half a year ago for a lot more… These expansions make a lot of sense I think, Mannerfelt is really insane and it’s so good to switch up things with the sample combiner or to mix in your own samples or random samples into his patterns. Or throw his samples in your own patterns… Delhia is also pretty great, incredible voice. Really cool to mash everything up with each other.

1 Like

did you buy that pack?

1 Like

I haven’t bought any of the packs, but they won’t be locked in, you’ll just need XO to access them initially.
Everything can be rendered and exported out of XO once it’s in there… raw samples, rendered samples, rendered stems, loops, midi files, etc… you can send it all out of XO for use wherever you want.

2 Likes

I got all of them

2 Likes

Unrelated - your username keeps reminding me that I need to listen to Cornelius again (been way too long) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How do you like them so far? Worth it? The examples didn’t convince me…

How do you install those presets? Copy them to a folder? Is it possible to create your own presets in that manner?

1 Like

Def worth it in my opinion. Everything just shows up within xo after you install it, samples and presets. You can put your samples into their presets and all tweaks made to patterns, groove and also samples stay applied but you can tweak everything however you want. Mannerfelt!

1 Like

So, Native Instruments is giving away Trash2. This is one of my go to plug-ins.

Holiday Gift

13 Likes

https://overloud.com/free-gem-mod/download?id=0

free emulation of the roland dimension d chorus …seems also M1 ready

4 Likes

also for free

10 Likes

Been using this since they released, for the asking price of free. Absolutely lovely, unique monosynth.

2 Likes

the videos I saw didn’t really catch me – but I’ll try it next week

1 Like

ID700, an emu of a Buchla 700 (FM + waveshaping), was released this week for macOS.

There’s a discount for the Mac version (it’s currently $59.99) until the end of the year, and the iPadOS version is also temporarily less (currently $7.99).

https://modo.sc/

3 Likes