SW DEALS : Software on Sale

SSL Native Drumstrip is on sale for €15.99 (excluding taxes).

Don’t exactly know how it differs from their other channel strips, but the price is very enticing.

I bought it from a site called AudioDeluxe. Got another € or so off with the code HOLIDAY21, plus a free Melda plugin with purchase, MFreeformAnalogEq.

6 Likes

Thanks man. Just ordered it :+1:

It’s a bit of a weird one, it gets pretty aggressive fast so not great for all styles but for heavier music it’s great. MPE support for those who have the hardware. Love the UI. Loads of modulation and really beautiful animations which bring the sound to life. They released it as a taster for their polyphonic version but honestly I’m content with the mono one.

I’ve got Generate (the poly version). it has some nice extra features including more chaos models, but yeah I think for the the things that I use it for, the mono version is probably fine. Both are cool, though.

1 Like

For all the lofi junkies out there, you can pick up Arturia’s Tape Mello-Fi plugin for free until the end of the year. Just took it for a test drive and it sounds great.

26 Likes

wanted to share this right now as well – such a great deal!!

is on sale as well! Highly recommended!

4 Likes

Universal Audio has some crazy deals right now. Log in and check out the coupons in your cart. Just today I got the API Vision for $19 and Capital Chambers for $64.

5 Likes

How did you do that? I only have a 25€ coupon in there right now and the 50€ off bundles coupon.

Correction: there’s like 15 coupons in there now, thanks for pointing this out!!!

EDIT: Little tip, if you want to buy multiple plugins, buy them one by one — with every purchase you get a new 25€ coupon that you can apply to your next purchase.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip - I just picked this up! Looks/sounds super interesting.

does this work for anyone? It took endless hours to see it in the Software Center … now it’s there and is “installed” but I can’t find it nowhere in Ableton.

did you download the plugin in your arturia account ?

install in software and downloading the plugin are two different tingz …. just in case …

1 Like

I saw it immediately in ASC, and was able to activate it… but the install button never appeared! All my other Arturia products show up with either an “uninstall” or “install” button.

Arturia servers getting slammed is nothing new, but this is definitely a new way for it to happen.

yeah, the arturia software downloader thing was a turd, but it did eventually work for me yesterday. the tape plugin does seem useful.

1 Like

same for me… guess I have to wait

When I downloaded, it actually showed the install button. But after it installed, it showed a “Buy” button, which was confusing since it’s free. I clicked on “Buy”, but it didn’t do anything. So I loaded up Logic, and the plugin was there and ready to use. So hopefully everything’s a go from here…

I agree that Arturia’s servers don’t react well to high traffic (I remember trying to download the Buchla Easel the day it came out…yikes). But hopefully people are having better luck today :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

thank you!
after getting this i was also offered pigments for 69.- as a “crossgrade”
not sure if this is just for new accounts or what, but might be worth a try if one wants pigments cheap.

5 Likes

Yeah it just took some time for it to show up as registered for me.

Tested it out on some old tracks on the master bus with subtle setting with the stereo on widening effect on… really sounds great, probably will be using it in mastering pretty often. Really easy to use also. Has me thinking about getting the Arturia compressors now.

2 Likes

99€/compressor is not cheap … nah, I’m out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok, the install button has finally shown up and wow, this thing is nice. I’ve tried a few cassette sims before, and this is easily my favorite.

A little work in progress with Mello-fi on the master bus: Stream Common Afternoon (WIP) by Presteign | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

4 Likes