SW DEALS : Software on Sale

I wonder if there will be a pro version one day… with tape speed adjustment – it sounds soooo nice when you press stop (over a few bars) – would love a speed knob. I don’t have such a plugin … any ideas? The Ableton stock plugins don’t help (there is only this frequency shifter which sucks…or am I overlooking one?)

Open Studio Jazz courses and memberships 40% off until Jan. 2. Instruments include piano, drums, bass, guitar, sax, vibraphone and vocals.

I can at least vouch for the piano courses taught by Adam Maness. Just about all the material can carry over to neo-soul, house, etc.

7 Likes

Used my 2nd coupon for fault :ok_hand:
The others are on my wishlist now.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

Trash 2
Rosetta ready: Now
M1 ready: not planned :frowning: abandonware … seems like they are working on Trash 3 – such a great plugin! Love it already after a few minutes <3

but at least Vinyl is getting M1 treatment in 2022 \o/

1 Like

I’d be glad to pay again for this app. Trash3 would make me happy.

2 Likes

Plug-in alliance will reset the 20 bucks voucher without minimum again in 24 hours.

1 Like

An updated UI and some new tricks under the hood would make Trash 3 an insta-purchase.

6 Likes

Reason has a discount running on reason + subscription , 50% off
Use code sor2021-annual

1 Like

I hope that anyone who hasn’t picked up the SSL 9000 J for $29 will do it. The difference that that one channel strip can make on any track is incredible.

I had the chance to work with some of the original Neves and SSLs in the studio (though I’m not an engineer) and the breathtaking sound of an SSL is in this emulation. For individual channels, I can’t think of another PA purchase that has made more of a difference for me.

(The 4000G is also really nice, esp. if I’m doing top-end arrangements over walls of amped guitars or other instruments that might dominate the mids and want my parts to stay out of the way but engage the listener – I hope – with their intricacy and luster.)

4 Likes

You made it happen! :wink:

I’m curious. I have Softube and Wavec emulation, not of the J though. They o be honest I don’t hear all very subtle differences between all channel stripes but gel with some. At this price it’s worth a try. Thanks!

1 Like

Any recommendations for a good Buss Comp plugin from this Plugin Alliance sale?

Anyone have/use the Townhouse Buss Comp? I wouldn’t mind a G-Series style Buss comp…

It’s tricky knowing what’s what on the PA site… everything has 5 stars and there’s so much stuff, it’s a lot to take in!

No kidding, eh? Stars everywhere!! Everyone loves all our offerings!! It’s over the top.

I’ve found some nice things there (Unfiltered Audio!), however.

@CCMP - a lot of people rave about Townhouse… I find that it is nice for a little glue (maybe worth noting that I’m generally pretty gentle with compressors) but my fave use for it is actually when sidechaining! It’s lovely for that.

In terms of other PA compressors: I use the Shadow Hills Mastering (red) which is really great, even just for the transformer emulation. Acme Opticom is a little limited, but I did a blind shootout with a bunch of my compressor plugins last year and found that I often loved how it sounds!

SPL Iron can sound quite ‘matte’ and ‘forwards’ but I rarely use it. Elysia Alpha is good, I’d have bought it by now if they updated the interface so I could actually see it / read it properly. The Lindell 345 (multiband) is great if you want to use that approach. None of the others have stood out to me, but that’s just my personal opinion / preferences.

Beyond that, I also do some compression in my favoured channel strip plugins – Lindell 80 and Amek 9099. There are people above raving about some of the other channel strips too (I’d suggest checking out the SSL 9000, Lindell 50 etc.). Might be worth considering those, as they can offer very good value for money!

2 Likes

The 4000 G has a great buss compressor section (which is another reason to get it), and I like the Shadow Hill Class A for mixing and mastering so far, but the Lindell 354E does more for me personally than the Townhouse. The Lindell has the Mid Side option, but also multiband compression. It’s a model of the Neve 354E, so if I were looking for dirt and smashed masses of drums, I’d choose it before the Townhouse. But if I were looking for shimmer and heft, I’d choose the Lindell 50 before either compressor. Too bad it costs far more than the other two right now.

1 Like

Shadow Hills Red for 29.99 is not bad. The UI is a little bit cluttered and it is not very straightforward to use, but sounds very good and it is versatile, not only for mastering.

1 Like

Townhouse is nice, probably the nicest bus compressor in their lineup, I’d say.

The brainworx plugins are all very good, but personally I do prefer the UAD versions of most of them. And some brainworx plugs I just don’t gel with (most amps actually…something about them just doesn’t feel alive to me like NeuralDSPs amps do for example).

Little curve ball though: I mentioned fuse audio labs further up. I invite you to demo their VCL-515 bus compressor and just compare it with the Townhouse. It’s a different type of compressor entirely (varimu), but I find it to be clear, lovely, hifi sounding on the 2-bus.

As for channel strips, I just bought the 9000J, haven’t had an opportunity to play around with it yet. I do like their Lindell 80 series, it does a very nice job with that Neve sound.

Also a little disclaimer: whenever these discount phases pop up, I go through the catalogues and convince myself why I definitely have to have this or that plugin for THAT price…but once the frenzy settles and I open my DAW and look at my plugins list, I notice that I am already overwhelmed with all the choices I have and adding another made the complexity increase further. I have like 4-5 SSL console simulations, 3-4 Neve simulations, a few API2500 simulations…all with their own flavours…but deciding which one is the right one for that particular guitar part or rhodes part I just captured…with all that variety and a certain lack of depth in familiarity with many of my plugins, I find that call hard to make, lol. I’ve told myself just yesterday that I want to approach plugins more like hardware in the sense that I want to go deep with a few rather than broad with a lot of them…let’s see how that pans out once that Mega Sale coupon resets though :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Maybe we should all do a “No new plugins in 2022” :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have the UAD version of the SSL 4000 E and the bx version of the 4000 G. You’re making me consider trying to match them using the E side of the G. You might have exact versions to compare, though. Have you done that?

I have been A/B’ing Townhouse with my SSL SiX G-Bus Comp all morning and am really liking Townhouse. Think I will have to grab it. The differences seem minimal when trying to dial in the same settings, with a mix of synthy and guitar-based “full” tracks through my DT-770 Pros.

SiX is slightly “airier” maybe but something with the mids seems a bit smudgier/congested perhaps compared to Townhouse, which seems the tiniest bit darker but smoother and more solid/cohesive. I have had thoughts of swapping the SiX for a bigger interface (+more ITB workflow) and Townhouse might be able to aid in that.

Edit: bought Townhouse… too good to pass on for $20 after the voucher

1 Like