SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Oh I’m just talking about the samples themselves, I don’t use Machine or have a way to work with those files. I just look at every .wav file in the various directories. Lots of great single hits, kits, and FX.

I’m referring to many of the loops that pre-exist as raw audio. Maybe they get used by Maschine? Anyway, they’re all very “clean”, but I suppose it’s easier to dirty up something that’s clean than to polish mud.

1 Like

Got a 10 EUR discount code from Spitfire after I putchased one of their Originals series plugins earlier tonight. Go for it if you wanna - def a nice discount if you’re getting one of those Originals. I really dig Cinematic soft piano and Intimate strings in that series - worth it at 29 and at 19 too.

MDV-ZSD-IAK-MZP-RGQ

2 Likes

Looks like someone used it. Thanks though

1 Like

Someone must have beat you to it. That was quick tho

1 Like

It’s interesting to know how are you using these expansions. There are a lot of good material in there for sure, but when I load a pattern into maschine, it seems like someone has already made the song for me :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the reason I didn’t get into these packs at first, it’s like an exercise in ‘connecting the dots’ rather than making music that’s personal to me. That said, as has been mentioned, using these sounds in creative ways and only one or two at a time in your own music, while using effects to alter them, gives you thousands of skilfully produced samples on tap. I highly recommend spending some time digging through them, resampling and adding to your own sample folders.

2 Likes

I tried. But NI’s site constantly falls over for me on Firefox, Chrome and Edge.

Guess they just don’t like me either.

Plugin Alliance LEAP YEAR SALE! :rotating_light: Any Plugin $29.99*
Use Code: ANY-2999-3
Code expires March 2, 11:59PM PST

*Products NOT included: Black Box HG-2MS, Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099, Dear Reality dear VR MONITOR, PRO, Deskew Gig Performer 4, DS Audio TANTRA 2, Knif Audio Soma, Lindell 50 Series, 902 De-Esser, Shadow Hills Class A

1 Like

arturia’s new granular FX plug in is on discount. if you have any arturia things there’s likely an offer in your account for $49. i demo’d it… sounds really nice. very flexible.

it’s called fragments.

4 Likes

My offer was for $29. I bought it immediately

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware of this, just grabbed it for $29. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

Grabbed it for 49. This is a really interesting plugin. I just tried the granular part of pigments yesterday, but a rhythmic sort of potion was exactly what was missing.

I must say, fragments is pretty fun. Glad I invested the 49. Cant wait to explore that thing more.

Mine was 29 too. Dammit. How does one resist for that price, FFS?

2 Likes

I’d have it for 29 too. It’s 69 for me but I don’t have any Arturia software registered, only a couple of bits of hardware.

2 Likes

Tried Fragments out today and I’m blown away. I don’t know if I’m even going to use it for the granular part – I’ve been searching for a great beat-repeat/beat-remix effect for a long time and I think this is the one!

I’ve previously tried a lot of beat repeat VSTs and they weren’t working for me (Effectrix, Looperator, Stutter Edit, The Finger, Molekular, Glitch 2, Replicant 2, the stock Ableton one, etc etc). Fragments does that buffer-reshuffling thing way better than any of those imo.

I’ve found the following recipe works very well: set grain offset, quantization, and density to sync; turn off all of that random knob stuff except for size (size randomization sounds great); link density and size (try size = 2x); set grain shape to min so you get nice hard transients; make sure all fx are off; and route one of the functions to grain offset. Now start playing with randomization of the function… nice!!

What’s cool is that you can play with randomization until you find something you like & let it ride. For bonus fun, freeze the buffer.

10 Likes

Damn I just tried out the audio demos on Arturia’s site and this sounds AMAZING! Want for 29 so bad. I only registered a Keystep which is probably why I’m offered it for 69.

1 Like

purchased Pigments and a few sound packs … 49€ here… can’t justify it. Is it really that good? Any good demo that can convince me? :smiley: The ones I saw didn’t.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten a chance to check out the effect yet, but after listening to the demos on the site this definitely seems like a Swiss army knife of effects.

Shimmer reverb, filter, beat repeat, and granular.

I’m impressed by the large variety of things this plugin can do to audio

I’ll definitely have to dive into it this weekend.

Hope it gives you want you need!

1 Like

I think Pigments is amazing personally… 49€ is a bargain.
What were the packs?

1 Like