SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Super generous of you, love your work :metal:

1 Like

Should be noted, I’m also just a fan of BlankFor.ms and wanted everyone to know about the new sample pack! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ahh gotcha. Hard to tell sometimes with people’s forum names being different from their artist names :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds great, thank you!

Oeksound are doing an Easter sale on both Soothe 2 and Spiff: oeksound plug-ins

2 Likes

puremagnetik 50% off flash sale. lot’s of interesting vst FX and instruments.

USE CODE: FLASH2022

2 Likes

Autoformer

by Soundevice Digital

Colour, Polish, Finish

Some performances are almost perfect. Almost. The desired perfection can be achieved by using Autoformer. A tool that can act almost inaudibly as well as it can add great colour to your tracks. Autoformer combines an analogue like pre-amp with automatic volume function and a gentle compressor. It is the right tool for your vocals or voice-overs. Improves drummers or bass-players performances.

Special discount 100%

3 Likes

i know they just want my email to spam me (nothing unique, all companies offering something free are doing the same).

but its free … so i’ll bite like the stupid fish that I am.

3 Likes

SSL essentials bundle 49.99

https://www.jrrshop.com/ssl-native-essentials

1 Like

Every time this comes around I wish I’d put aside the money so I could get The Century

You’re so right: ten years ago I started out with Maschine and the software even then felt tired, bloated and just needlessly complex…just tiring to use and manage.

Just downloaded Ethereal Earth, a couple of other freebies or licenses I still owned and oh my, felt like I’d went back in time and not in a good way! Tried a few things and wasn’t bothered about much beyond Ethereal Earth.

The worst of it being that despite downloading the sort of license manager (Native Access), which allows you to very easily install whatever you own: uninstalling anything is horrible and involves users manually searching their hard-drives for a multitude of files and folders and deleting them. Ew. Why is this not handled by this Native Access software? One for another thread perhaps - derail/rant over. Has put me off picking up Playbox which I was loving the sound of.

3 Likes

On Windows at least, uninstalling the Native stuff is trivial. Go to settings -->apps and they all start with “Native” something or other. Just click thru the uninstallers there. To be fair, I prefer when the installer/license manager takes care of the uninstalls too, as the Arturia and izoTope (etc.) ones do.

1 Like

I was about to respond to your post and say “THAT is why I didn’t get Playbox” and then read your last sentence…lol.

I just really am not a fan of NI, and I have tried to be multiple times.

2 Likes

Might be Mac exclusive: honestly, it’s performing a long list of search functions for files and folders that may or not be there - so messy, no confidence that I’ve successfully cleared things down and Native Access seems like it will now just forever cite the need to ‘repair’ these installations when I actually want them to just…go away…! :crazy_face:

(the support page referenced - https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210291865-How-to-Uninstall-Native-Instruments-Software-from-a-Mac-Computer)

(derail over, just citing NI experience from Mac user perspective…)

4 Likes

I have a lot more NI stuff than I use or install as a side effect of a deal I got… The only one I still use a LOT is the original Massive. I got Raum as a freebie a couple yrs ago and absolutely love it as well. Once in a while Monark or Prism gets used. I used to think I’d get FM-8, but Ableton Operator is lovely and I’ve gotten used to it.

The other stuff I just don’t use much, including Reaktor - turns out I much prefer writing Max for Live stuff.

1 Like

This is a really nice deal. Tokyo Dawns TDR Limiter 6 for $9.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/brand/tokyo-dawn-labs

5 Likes

Another unhappy N.I user here.
They’re way beyond the curve in terms of install / remove / software management … and m1 updates.

Traktor ( their flagship dj software ) seems to be a decade or more behind competition. M1 update might arrive towards end of the year.
Sorry. Back to software deals.

Lots around … seems post developers are doing sales. D.16 inc.

2 Likes

Yeah if I can’t run it in M1 Native, I’m not buying it.

2 Likes

D16 have an almost perpetual sale on, also most of their plugins don’t run on M1 or even Big Sur yet (let alone Monterey).
They are also rumoured to be intending to charge for the updated versions when they finally do release them, even if you own the old version.

The fact that none of the stuff I bought from them works on modern macOS kinda left a bad enough taste for me that I don’t see myself investing in D16 stuff again… I get that there are valid business reasons why you can’t just provide free updates forever but it kind of sucks that I can’t use any of the stuff I paid for, whereas pretty much every other plug-in I’ve bought I can

1 Like